Drivers side window doesn't role up.

DrkBluT-TyPe

1986 Buick Regal T-Type
It's a 1986 TR, It use to role up fine then sometimes it would work/wouldn't work, then it stopped working. The same switch still roles up the passenger side but will not role up the drivers side. I've tried popping out the switch so I could plug in the new one to see if its a switch problem, but it won't come out. Will/Do I have to take off the whole door panel to remove the switch? But ya...any help would be greatly appreciated :cool:

Thanks man! My TR is mostly stock too, and also has T-Types. ALot of work but it will all pay off in the end when you look at your car and think "It's done, now I can go fast in class!" ;)

No, you don't have to pull the door panel to remove the switch. Use a pen screwdriver and move the switch slightly away from the door panel. Then with the screwdriver, push the metal tab in and the switch will pop out.

But before you replace the switch, the factory manual details the test on the wiring. I have the same issue. I have traced the problem to an intermittent ground problem. If you look at the wiring diagram, you can test the switch with a ohm meter (if you can easily understand wiring diagrams)

I have tried that, but its being a jerk and not wanting to come out, but maybe i was doing it wrong...will tyr again thanks.