Driver Side Floor pan repair

Justin85

So this past winter I started to pull up the carpet too see how the floor was and I was treated with a nice surprise of rust. I seen it coming as the car was a Canadian T-Top car. Other then the drivers side floor pan the car is surprisingly clean. I went to work right away sourcing a floor pan off Kijiji. I picked up a drivers side floor pan for about 80 dollars. I called around to various body shops to get a quote and they all where way overpriced.. as body shops only want to do little chicken shit insurance repairs.. You know pull a plastic bumper off and respray a new one and bolt it on. I pulled out the sawzall and various other tin cutting tools and went to work. I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking.

http://s394.photobucket.com/user/ygspider/media/20151120_164432 - Copy_zpsjwek7dxm.jpg.html

Thanks Toby , Not bad for a first time body work job eh. I Looked at many of your build threads and they did help.

Got to put s whole floor in mine is there a thread for this somewhere I can get tips from . Nice work for 1st time .

Honestly there is no real thread to follow. You can do it so many ways, You can pull the car off the frame and get to all the actual spot welds and do the floor proper or you can do what I did and overlap the panels a little and just do a quick job. It all depends on budget and how much time you have.