Driver Seat?!?

TonyTtops

The one and only
:confused: Being that I am almost 6'2, sitting in the GN is not exactly comfortable. I feel like I am sitting on top of the wheel. So, does any one know how to fabricate the seat track so it will slide back further? Are there seat tracks from other Gm vehicles that might work. I would give anything to slide back 2 inches!! I do not have power seats.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!:rolleyes:

I feel the same way. My idea was to fabricate a bracket that bolted down to the existing mounting studs and put studs on that bracket to relocate the seat back 2-3". Farther if you want some adjustablity forwards/backwards.

I cut 3/4" out of the height of mine then welded it back up.....you can also slot the holes so you can slide the seat back 1/2" inch......makes a world of difference.......used to be that with a helmet on, it would rub a hole in the headliner.....not anymore and I'm 6'5".

.......and another thing.....Unless you're a freak of nature, moving the seat back 2 or more inches will NOT be comfortable because the steering wheel stays stationary..you'll have more leg room but you won't be able to reach the wheel !......unless you have a wingspan like Yao Ming :D .....I tried it, I know........good luck.

Many,many years ago when I was competitive in Solo2 and Autocross I was playing around with instant center of gravity and roll centers on my GN. I had a brilliant idea that I could change those angles if I positioned my body closer to the ground. How I did that was to search the boneyards for the lowest possible seat mounting brackets. I was originally going to use some 3rd gen Camarobird seat adjusters than I looked in a Fiero. What I had to do was drill out the rivets that held the floor anchor brackets to the seat tracks them selves. I used bolts to reattach them to the G-Body manual seat tracks. That left the adjuster tracks sitting almost on the floor pan. I looked like one of those crazy lowrider dudes. My head was almost covered by the door belt line. I had gotten this idea after I had the chance to play around in a NASCAR Winston Cup racer. They mount those seats to the floorpan and the drivers have the same line of sight. It took me awhile to get used to looking across the hood at a different angle and it didn't effect my driving one bit after I readjusted to it.