Dripping tranny fluid...Pump seal is dry...convertor leak?

The Darkside

Heavy Metal Thunder
I don't get to drive the GN as much as I'd like to, but I took it out a couple of weeks ago & after stopping I noticed the smell of tranny fluid....:( Looked under the car & saw a slow drip from the front pump area... I wasn't far from home & the fluid was still reading full so I got it back to the house & up on some ramps for further inspection... I wiped off the area & restarted the car....From what I could tell, it seems to be coming from the front pump seal area... I had a friend who's also a mechanic pull the tranny & install a new pump seal today, but after starting the car up it still leaking!
He said the new pump seal is completely dry, but the convertor shaft looks to be wet.... He didn't notice any visible cracks in the convertor when he had it out, so how can I test it to find where the leak is after it's removed from the car? It's a PTC 9X11(The one in my signature)....

Thanks

Pressure test?? Or, send it back for inspection?
I would think that you could rig up a air supply, and test it yourself. Shouldn't take a lot of PSI.

I just sent Dusty a message...... He's who I talked to & went through when I first bought the converter & so I have confidence that he will be able to help me out. The converter only has about 10,000 miles on it, plus no track runs & no hard launches even on the street...

Took my PTC converter in for a pressure test & it turns out it had a 3/4 inch crack around the base of the neck... :( Anyways, had a new neck installed & hopefully the GN will be up & running again by tomorrow... Thanks for the help guys.... :)

The Darkside