Dream Cruise

dv8mtsp

Whos going to be there and where id like to meet some guys and check out th cars

The Michigan Buick Turbo Club always meets the Wednesday night before the cruise (August 18) at the Moose Preserve Bar and Grill, on Woodward at Square Lake Rd. (just off I-75) in Beverly Hills at 5:00 or so and make this "base camp" for the night- you're all certainly welcome to join us. Even on weeknights, Woodward is still swarming with cars, but at least you have enough elbow room to cruise! Numbers fluctuate, but on several occasions we've had over 20 TR's cruising "in formation"- it's awesome watching the heads turn and point! If we happen to get split up (or, not that it EVER happens- get pulled over >g< ) we just meet back in the lot, so we're in and out all night. C'mon by!
Patty

As a matter of fact, I do own the road.

I am gonna try to make it there with the GN on wed. Will definatly be there on saturday.

Nick

Nick- hope you can make it! Saturday is fun, but it's just about impossible to travel in a pack. We even get split up occasionally on Wednesday night, but always meet back at the Moose Preserve for another go. The reactions from the "tourists" (and sometimes the Bloomfield Hills PD :p ) are truly priceless. One comment from last year: "This is the greatest thing I've ever seen! Has every car on Woodward turned into a Grand National?" Heheheh...
Granny 2- by all means, c'mon out! We've had interstate squadrons before, but never an international one. Make it happen, and keep your stick on the ice! ;)

Patty
You're only young once, but you can remain immature indefinitely.

I plan to show up Wednesday with my 86 GN. I'm even bringing a friend who owns an 87. This will be my first time attending. Should be a good time!

Randys100- TWO more Gn's: most outstanding! I guarantee you'll have a blast, we end up with some highly entertaining stories every year. Woodward ain't gonna know what hit 'em this time- pity the fools! :D

Patty

Wednesday before the curise is awesome

IT is so cool seeing all the turbo cars taking up the lanes in one big formation. It's impressive and intimidating seeing a wolf pack of turbo buicks coming down woodward buzzing like a bunch of angry bees. I hope to be there wednesday with you guys.:D

Hope you make it, Mike! Maybe you can help us explain to the nice officers that the happy tire sounds are the result of a shifting issue, heheheh... ;)

Patty

If it ain't broke, you're not trying hard enough.

Originally posted by WOT4ME
Hope you make it, Mike! Maybe you can help us explain to the nice officers that the happy tire sounds are the result of a shifting issue, heheheh... ;)

HEY! I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK!

Maybe I should bring copies of the old newsletter story to the Cruise. Hmmm.....

:D

Hey, it worked for you once, Mike M.! We'll just hope the luck of the draw doesn't bring us the same PO this year :p .
Tony- do your best to meet up- if you don't catch us at 5 or 6 (or whenever I can get 'em to stop jaw flappin' and kick 'em outta the lot), we're back at the Moose Preserve repeatedly. My cell is (586) 215-2320 for anyone who happens in when we're out causing mayhem, uh, I mean cruising. :cool:

Patty

Patty,
I will most likely get there between 5:30-6:00. What time does the TR cruise normally start?

Randy

This is the first year we're planning to cruise FIRST (to catch more daylight and sideline fan reactions!) and eat later (if you like). The goal is to meet at 6:00 and head out shortly thereafter when we've assembled a good number of cars. Sometimes the hardest part is getting everyone moving out of the lot once they start social hour ;) , but once we roll it's all worth it!

Patty

State Fair

I see the State Fair is on too.

Looks like 9-10 mile should be the furthest south to cruise eh! :confused:

Will try to have 4 TR's from Windsor (2 for sure) hit the tunnel by 4:30-5:00. Should be there before 6:00. :D

Nick & Granny 2- The countdown begins: MUAHAHAHAHA! ;) Nothing like a fleet of night stalkers to rattle the locals. The weeknight crowds are pretty amazing even without the State Fair- it's not unusual to see cars start clogging up even as you approach Royal Oak. I just figure this allows more time for the civilians to gaze longingly at the fleet... : )
Patty

I have a serious issue with the GN for woodward.:confused: I dont think I have enough rubber left on my tires to lay any patches of rubber.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Nick