Draining fuel from tank....

richy rich

Richy Rich
Hey guys first time getting rid of pump gas to make room for the good stuff.
Im gonna pull the cap off the front fuel rail,remove the valve,jump the fuel pump wire to back of alt etc.
my question is....wheres the pickup on these cars?Should I jack it from the front in hopes to get more out?Side?rear?
Im sure I read that once all fuel was drained theres still a gallon of the old stuff left in it,but I was hoping to get the most I could out of it.
Rich

The pickup is in the center of the tank. I'd recommend making sure the car is as level as possible.
I drained mine not too long ago to put a new pump in. There will be a gallon and a half or so left over.
I used clear line,and pumped the gas into another car. After a while,you'll just get lots of bubbles.

I wouldn't sweat the 1 gal of pump gas too much....probably 93 octane. If your gonna throw in 5 gals of C-16, you'll still have a 112 octane. C-12 would yield you a 105.5 and running alky, you should be ok.

Woops, maybe your not running alky.......sorry was looking at another sig.

Yes don"t sweat it run pump until you see bubbles. Running a pump dry for a long time will kill it.

i screw a piece of old 1/4" air compressor hose to the fitting from my fuel pressure gauge and run it into a gas can when i pump gas out of my car.