Downpipe question

Z28Driver

I'm looking to get a 3 inch downpipe and some kind of cutout.

I'm looking at getting the one from kirbans. My only question is how long is it? I don't have a cat on mine, but what i would like to do is put the cutout right where the cat used to be. I have a 2 1/2 inch exhaust. Does the DP go all the way to where the cat is supposed to be? I'm asking because i don't know what size cutout to get. I want to get a three inch cutout and have it hooked to the end of the DP and on the other side of the cutout have it hooked to the 2 1/2 inch pipe. But if the DP doesn't go to the cat i'm going to need to get a 2 1/2 inch cutout.

I'm sorry if this doesn't make any sense, i'm really tired right now.

Kirban's is the two piece downpipe correct? Are you certain you want this one?
Check out the Terry Houston Downpipes. They are available in stainless steel and have a unique intergal wastegate design which does away with the inefficient factory design. The pipes are expensive, but definaly worth the money.
The testpipe design is pretty cool too. Its a straight 3" pipe with a cutout in the middle of it, like a y design almost. If you'd like, I'll try to post some crappy pictures from my girlfriends camera phone.

you aren't just paying for a pipe.....you are eliminating one of the main restrictions in your exhaust (the elbow at the turbo)......pipes like Kirban's will offer very little improvement (if any) over the stock pipe.....don't waste your money

Color Change?

Do those pipes change color drastically after using them? They are nice looking as is, but just wondered after use if they change color alot?

Mine isn't coated it is just stainless steel and it looks pretty much the same when I first bought it. If you do however by a mild steel pipe with no type of coating it will end being a rusty old looking nasty three in pipe in about a year. I would think that the coating MPE puts on the pipe helps from it turning.