Double Pumper

aquickv6

How does the Hobb Switch hook up on the Double Pumper?? Two wires and a vacuum hose. On the pump end there is a ground and power wire. Thanks

Hobbs switch

I think the power to the pump has to go thru the Hobbs switch. So, one side goes to one of the terminals - I don't think it matters which one - and the other continues the circuit to the relay. U then crank down on the adjusting screw to set the pressure where the switch closes. U will also need a light to come on (preferably in the car) to show when the switch closes. Then U read the manifold pressure (boost) pressure when it activates.

One side is a red fused wire, I guess this would go to the alternator. The other side is a larger guage wire that would go to a relay and then to the pump? Where is the vacuum spliced in? :confused:

Hobbs

The vacuum would just be spliced into the intake manifold somewhere. Make sure there is no vac check valve between the IM and the Hobbs. I think I spliced it into the line to the EGR. The Hobbs has to break the circuit to the fuel pump. My double pumper is an ATR model and has a relay for the 2nd pump also. Now I may need one for my Typhoon and w ATR OOB, I don't where I'll get it. I may have to make my own.

Either run both pumps at the same time so you know they are both working.
Or run one pump all the time, the second pump to kick in at a set boost pressure with the hobbs switch.

First question, do you really need both pumps? I know alot of people running 10s with pump gas/meth and only one intank walboro 307/340 fuel pump.

If you want to run 2 pumps, then use the hobbs switch to kick the second pump in around 18psi so you can leave the line at 15psi and not be too rich during spooolup.
I would have the hobbs switch anywhere where there is a pressure source under a load, and use it to trip the relay/switch to the closed position to kick the pump on.
Any hobbs switch is adjustable, do a search here and they give the part numbers for any, but its all the same switch, just set to a different psi.

BW

If you want to run 2 pumps, then use the hobbs switch to kick the second pump in arou

If you want to run 2 pumps, then use the hobbs switch to kick the second pump in around 18psi so you can leave the line at 15psi and not be too rich during spooolup.

with a return style fuel system it wont matter if both pumps are on or not.
My RA double pumper dosent have a relay for 2nd pump as it only runs from 18 psi & up. so its only on for a few seconds at a time.