Double GN IC for Typhoon

cool news man

Yeah i browsed a few old dm files of my truck and it's inlet temps with rerouted heater hose lines and a jabsco pump hot wired to run all the time where in the mid 90's to high 110's.. of course cool down in between runs helped this.

Update......

My wife and I Drove the truck up to US 131 for a street racing event they held last night.

Hotter that haties but she is getting alot better!!!!!

She made it to the semifinals and made the best pass she's ever done.

Reaction .569
60' 1.79
13.21@99.89mph..

She was against a turbo'd Grandprix (realy great guy too) talked to him afterwards. He said "the tree came down and she pulled 4 cars on me and I thought.. oh crap.. I hope I can catch her...."
He had a .8 light 1.9 somthing 60' and 12.6 @ 108
It was so close at the end what a race...

This was heads up racing not bracket... !!!!!!

Good time.. we all left about 2am :eek:

~Scott

Ic

I guess Ur battery is in the back ? How do u get any air to the cooling system with all that stuff up front ?

No problems so far...

It was 90 somthing on the way up to Martin MI and we had the A/C on all the way up there...

Have not had a cooling problem yet... That stock fan pulls alot of air through!! If you stand in front of it your shirt will try and stick to the grille from all the air being pulled through.

Seems to work ok ... Might be a problem in AZ where it's 114deg outside~~

Yes.. the battery is mounted where the spare tire usto be. I weleded the stock battery tray to the stock spare tire carrier and all I have left to do is make a cover to go over it. Looks good in that location since I could not find anywhere to cut the floors and recess it.

I did not take pic's of that but I will once I finish the cover.

Thanks,
Scott~

New best time... heading in the 12's soon.

It's getting there:

Took the truck down to US41 last friday and go 3 passes in 6 hrs :rolleyes:
Street Car Chaos is fun to watch but not very good to go race at. Some cars went 3-4 passes to my wife's 1 pass. Not very fair. :mad:

She did not have a very good 60' 1.87 Vs her best of 1.79

Still ran a 13.10@100.89mph. her personal best.

We did not get home till 5am Saturday morning.. Long night.

Going to try US131 again this coming friday for that 12 sec. pass. :D

Still stock engine,turbo,injectors,trans,converter,rear/front end and downpipe.

Still needs more tuneing. :wink:
~Scott

That's a good old truck.Forgot to mention that I replaced the valve seals when I had it.Compression was 145-150 in every cylinder.

Looks like you maby had it in 2001?

I wondered how it does not smoke at all when it's started and inside the valve covers were spotless. Was it that clean when you took it apart? how many miles were on it when you changed the valve seals?

There was a water leak in the pass. side quarter window I fixed... New carpet ect... It's doing great for us now. She drives it daily... I like driving it when I get the chance to steal it for a few hours.

What other history do you know about it? :confused:
Thanks for the info!
~Scott :D

UR50SLO said:
Looks like you maby had it in 2001?

I wondered how it does not smoke at all when it's started and inside the valve covers were spotless. Was it that clean when you took it apart? how many miles were on it when you changed the valve seals?

There was a water leak in the pass. side quarter window I fixed... New carpet ect... It's doing great for us now. She drives it daily... I like driving it when I get the chance to steal it for a few hours.

What other history do you know about it? :confused:
Thanks for the info!
~Scott :D
It had 60 something K on it when I did the seals.And yes it was super clean.