Door Sill Trim Pieces

turbolc2

Mongoose
Does someone know how to remove the oxidation & pitting from the door sill trim pieces.I think they are anodized.I wonder if a light abrasive and clear would being them back?

I've used Mother's in the past and on all my chrome/aluminum pieces. It worked great.

Nother idea..

Does someone know how to remove the oxidation & pitting from the door sill trim pieces.I think they are anodized.I wonder if a light abrasive and clear would being them back?

I glas beaded mine, and had them wrinkle black p. coated. I then installed new Fisher stickers..Got LOTS of nice comments on them.Some folks even thot they were "factory", as the rest of the car was black.

Mothers or simichrome polish works well,but had too much time on my hands one weekend: I took mine off and hit 'em with the buffing wheel and they are brighter than new.

You can buy brand new ones from GBodyParts.com Online . IMO I'd rather spend the money on new parts than waste an afternoon polishing the old parts. You know once you remove the clear finish on the originals than you wont be able to keep them shiney forever. It would be worth it in the long run.

Mother's

:D +1 on the mother's mag wheel/aluminum polish! Worked GREAT for me. :cool: Yeah, I have to take 'em off once a year and re-polish. A local polisher/plater told me a coat of clear woud keep them new. I have not tried that trick. Seems to me that would scuff, unless you keep all feet off of the sill plates.:confused:

:D +1 on the mother's mag wheel/aluminum polish! Worked GREAT for me. :cool: Yeah, I have to take 'em off once a year and re-polish. A local polisher/plater told me a coat of clear woud keep them new. I have not tried that trick. Seems to me that would scuff, unless you keep all feet off of the sill plates.:confused:

Clear Powder coat after polish.