Donut Derelict get together this Sat Jan 29th.

Personally, I think this one's much more respectable.:D

P1010107-1.jpg

Mike B.

And you cleaned off all of the flat spots on the rear paws.

Fear not!

Mike nice pictures of my car also . although I respectfully wasn't allowed to infringe on Buick parking & my presence tolerated at all. Times like that I wish I still had my GNX so I could be one of the guys again. I feel so worthless.

You just need to find a group of similar cars, to fit in a bit better. Soon respect will be yours...
HPIM18411.jpg

If you still don't feel that your getting accepted, I'd suggest getting your car lowered just a bit.
3037906.jpg

If your new friends are into performance, you might try a few bolt ons.
jet_bug.jpg

I hear that they even have vacation packages.
a-vw-camper-763000.jpg

So, fear not! You have lots of options for sharing your current automotive passion.;)

Or, you could step up and buy a Turbo Buick, and hang with the "Big Boys".:cool:

Mike B.

I met the guy with the rocket powered VW at a party for one of my Magazine editor friends. The owner is a rocket engineer & a real different sort of guy. He had me captivated for hours with stories & his knowledge.Claims he has to be careful where he lights the thing off & hits afterburner it rattles the windows in the neighborhood & the switch board of the local police station gets flooded with calls & complaints of people wondering WTF just happened. The CA DMV banned also it from the highway & he was forced to register it in Michigan. I don't think it will pass CA emissions & was ruled unsafe.

I met the guy with the rocket powered VW at a party for one of my Magazine editor friends. The owner is a rocket engineer & a real different sort of guy. He had me captivated for hours with stories & his knowledge.Claims he has to be careful where he lights the thing off & hits afterburner it rattles the windows in the neighborhood & the switch board of the local police station gets flooded with calls & complaints of people wondering WTF just happened. The CA DMV banned also it from the highway & he was forced to register it in Michigan. I don't think it will pass CA emissions & was ruled unsafe.

Captivated huh... sounds like a man crush to me.....

I think the jet car would be just what my wife needs.
She gets real PO'd when she's being tailgated on the 2lanes around here. Instead of getting mad she could just light off the afterburner. :biggrin:

They had that thing in Hot Rod Magizine a few years ago. The guy said that he used to keep a flower in the little flower holder on the dash. Problem was, they kept getting sucked in by the jet intake.:eek::D I guess that it gets a bit windy inside. The picture they showed of him at night with afterburner was very cool.:cool: I'll se if I can find a pic. Be back soon...

Mike B.

That didn't take long to find.

Would NOT want to be behind it in traffic.:eek:

flamebugstitched.jpg

See, who needs eight cylinders to be cool. This guy's doing it with only one. It is one big cylinder though.:D

Mike B.

Yeah....I won't...:D

...but if you've inhaled as much JP4/JP5 jet fumes as I have....you'd totally get the Stink Bug thing...
Chicken,Here I thought it was just the methanol fumes that made you so dingy