Don't You just hate (list)

Little6pack

Don't you just hate when someone is selling something & they live 100 miles from where the item is. :rolleyes:

Any other gripes about stupid classified or ebay sellers.

Lets hear them

Crappy photos (or none at all!)

Jesus, borrow someone's camera at least...and learn to use one and take the time to get clear pics.

Those are my major peeves.

Oh yeah, another one. When people sell cars and don't know what their own car has, or they spell the name of the car wrong. I don't know how many times I've seen someone selling a Camero....it's like, look dummy the name of your car is spelled clearly on the car somewhere.

You call to buy something, ask a few questions, and the seller acts like you are bothering them. This goes for retail and individuals.

Jolly460 said:
Crappy photos (or none at all!)

Jesus, borrow someone's camera at least...and learn to use one and take the time to get clear pics.

Those are my major peeves.

Oh yeah, another one. When people sell cars and don't know what their own car has, or they spell the name of the car wrong. I don't know how many times I've seen someone selling a Camero....it's like, look dummy the name of your car is spelled clearly on the car somewhere.

Heck, its spelled out right on the steering wheel! :p

I hate the car ads with no picture. What's the sense of even putting in on Ebay if you don't include at least on half decent photo.

when they have a.... widget for "sell" not for "SALE" use the right GDAMN tense!!!!! you sell things, they are not for SELL!!!!!! they are for SALE!!!!! :mad: :mad:

How about when you are selling something on ebay and someone emails you asking how much for them to buy it before the auction ends! I was was going to just sell it outright I wouldn't have put it on ebay freakin idiots or I would have put a "Buy It Now" on it!

What about when the seller acts like an expert about what they have for sale, but as you read the description you can tell how clueless they are.

Or, you ask an easy question about an item, and they refuse to answer the question.

here's a few of my favs

1) ebay sellers who will not answer email questions on an item up for auction

I will also extend my answers beyond ebay. See 2-4 below.

2) threads that say "testing the waters" on possibly selling their car and wanting a value. I say place it on ebay if you are looking for high bidder!

3) threads that say "what will it run?" I'm not gonna expand here!

4) board members that do not use the search feature to look in archives for the answers for their questions. It's probably been asked so USE THE SEARCH! Search is your friend!

Little6pack said:
Don't you just hate when someone is selling something & they live 100 miles from where the item is. :rolleyes:

I listed some stuff for a friend in Florida last year. I live in PA, whats wrong with that? :confused:

I believe he means people who say its for sale in city "X" and in reality the item is stored in city "A". Most people would prefer to purchase close to their homes. The item is described as for sale in a certain city when really the seller has falsely represented his item.

"Sure you can come out and look at my 1984 beater, but youll have to follow me 1000 miles to go see it. Dont worry youll be back for work next week."

Just my interpretation.

-JZ

Ziptie86 said:
I believe he means people who say its for sale in city "X" and in reality the item is stored in city "A". Most people would prefer to purchase close to their homes. The item is described as for sale in a certain city when really the seller has falsely represented his item.

"Sure you can come out and look at my 1984 beater, but youll have to follow me 1000 miles to go see it. Dont worry youll be back for work next week."

Just my interpretation.

-JZ

Yup you hit it right on the nose. Why sell something for a friend if the item is not in your possesion.

Oh here is another I encountered the other day. There was an 86 oldsmobile cutty a seller listed in town next to me. I call him to go & see it. here is anserws I get back.

1) The car is in town (A) in New Hampshire but I live in Boston Mass.

2) My current car is a POS so I am not sure I can meet you to sell the car I am trying to sell which is another POS DOH!

3) I ask what size v-8.
ANSWER BACK -> DAA it is some V-8 I dunno. ( I am thinking he knows but doesn't want to say or he truley doesn't know if it is a 307, 305, 350.)

CLUELESS SELLERS :p

Hidden Reserve auction with stupid low starting price. A $10k car with a starting price of $1.00, and the reserve is not met. If you need to get $x, then start the auction there!

Do Not Play Games. Do Not Waste My Time.

Blown&Injected said:
Hidden Reserve auction with stupid low starting price. A $10k car with a starting price of $1.00, and the reserve is not met. If you need to get $x, then start the auction there!

Do Not Play Games. Do Not Waste My Time.
There could be several reasons for this, the main one being is that ebay charges you a listing fee of X% right off the bat based on the starting price, so if they were to start at the reserve price,the listing fee is higher. For cars, there's a flat rate I think and I'm not sure how the starting price affects it if it does, but for other items this would be true.
Another phenomenon that I have observed, items with a real low starting price seem to go up to the highest ending price...whereas the same item with a higher starting price may not get any bids when it could have been purchased at half the price of the same item that started at $1...just observed that myself with a Holley intake I sold...saw a new one with a starting price of $29 only go for about $43...mine which was used, same intake, and even had a chip in the aluminum and had been ported not professionally, went for $57 with a starting price of $9...description were similar too.

OK, I can understand the part about the % of the starting bid, but that still does not address the part about making it hidden.

Got a new I hate and that gets a new thread

pet peve, people that don't take there time to read the add!! :mad: they look at the add, then call you, post, or email you and ask a question about the item that is clearly stated in the add. freeking read people !!!that's is why you were give eyes :mad: :mad:

How about the people who are advertising a 10 sec. car for sale......and they have never been to the track, or car has ran 11.30 will go 10s easy with better tune. :rolleyes:

RICHIE HIGH PSI said:
How about the people who are advertising a 10 sec. car for sale......and they have never been to the track, or car has ran 11.30 will go 10s easy with better tune. :rolleyes:

On that same note they might say 500HP car! Though they have never been to a dyno. :rolleyes:

I hate people who don't list their shipping costs then try to charge an arm and leg to ship at the auctions end. Now I don't bid unless shipping is listed.