Dont buy gas Sep. 1

TEST MY 6

This is an email I recievd from a friend:
IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN THE UNITED STATES DID NOT
> PURCHASE A DROP OF GASOLINE FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE
> OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES.
>
> AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OF
> OVER 4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL
> COMPANIES.
>
> THEREFORE SEPTEMBER 1ST HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED " No Gas " DAY AND
> THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF GASOLINE
> THAT DAY.
>
> THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO AS MANY
> PEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT.
>
> WAITING ON THIS ADMIINSTRATION TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES IS
> NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN
> PRICES THAT THE ARAB NATIONS PROMISED WEEKS AGO?
>
> REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF GASOLINE GOING UP BUT AT
> THE SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, TRUCKING
> COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES ON
> EVERYTHING THAT IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING
> MATERIALS, MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC. WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO!
>
> WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY,
> WE WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN.
>
> SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO EVERYONE
> YOU KNOW. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE SEPTEMBER 1ST A DAY THAT THE
> CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES SAY "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"
>
> PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO EVERYONE YOU CAN!!!!

SCAM!!
look here

If I were the oil companies, I would then turn around and double or tripple the price of gas just because I could. there is NO WAY we would not buy gas for more than one day...and they know it. Use some common sense.

The price situation sure does suck, but this will do nothing.

they'd lose 4.6 billion on Sept. 1st........then post 10 billion profit Sept. 2nd

Hell, with the prices of gas going up as we speak, everyone and their brother will be purchasing gas before the weekend anyway. Im suprized everyone isnt filling up right now... Gone up 50cents in the past few day...

So, why dont we all fill up TODAY, then dont fill up for another week :rolleyes: That will show em! LOL

If everyone started car pooling and drove 55 miles per hour and everyone was driving cars that got 50 MPG, that would put a dent in their wallets.

I cant wait till we go to 4 day work weeks because of fuel rashens :wink:
That would be sweeeeeet!

BW

Stations running out of gas here in Georgia, 1/2 mi lines to get gas some places, there won't be any picketing to not buy gas until flow from the LA pipeline gets going again and like said above, makes no difference anyway.

There is a email going around stating that if we all do not purchase gas from the 2 biggest oil companies Mobil and Exxon it would force them to lower prices and the other oil companies would have to follow. This seems more feasible than a one day boycott. Will it work? :confused:Who knows.

RobsIron said:
There is a email going around stating that if we all do not purchase gas from the 2 biggest oil companies Mobil and Exxon it would force them to lower prices and the other oil companies would have to follow. This seems more feasible than a one day boycott. Will it work? :confused:Who knows.

I figured its worth a shot. But then again, Shell or BP would make that much more millions of Dollars :(

I heard an interesting idea. Seeing as though, we need gas, and while its possible to boycott the gas stations, it wont last because, well, we need gas...

BUT....if we boycott the largest fuel supplier,(exxon???)it would force their hand...

to stop buying gas at one particular gas station would be relatively easy, and I bet something would get done.

We need to do something, cause seeing as though bush is making plenty off of this, he isnt going to do anything.

My only question, if gas prices have went so high due to the war, the hurricane etc, then why are the oil companies showing record amounts of profit?

Bill

p.s.

this is cut and pasted from the email I recieved:
>
>I hear we are going to hit close to $3.00 a gallon by the summer Want
>
>gasoline prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united
>
>action
>
>
>
> Phillip Hollsworth, offered this good idea:
>
>
>
> This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a
>certain
>
>day" campaign that was going around last April or May!
>
>
>
> The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we
>
>wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was
>
>more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT,
>
>whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really
>
>work.
>
>
>
> Please read it and join with us!
>
>
>
> By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50
>
>is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $2.75 for regular unleaded in my
>
>town.
>
>
>
> Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have
>conditioned
>
>us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50-$1.75, we
>
>need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the
>
>marketplace.... not sellers.
>
>
>
> With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we
>consumers
>
>need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas
>
>come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their
>
>gas!
>
>
>
> And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.
>
>
>
> How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying
>
>gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to
>
>force a price war.
>
>
>
> Here's the idea:
>
>
>
> For the rest of this year, DON"T purchase ANY gasoline from
>the
>
>two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are
>
>not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If
>
>they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.
>
>
>
> But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of
>
>Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do!! Now, don't whimp
>
>(sic) out on me at this point.. keep reading and I'll explain how
>
>simple it is to reach millions of people!!
>
>
>
> I am sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you
>
>send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300).. and those 300 send it to
>
>at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) .. and so on, by the time the
>
>message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached
>
>over THREE MILLION consumers!
>
>
>
> If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten
>
>friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it
>
>goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION
>
>PEOPLE!!! Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people and DON"T
>
>purchase ANY gasoline from EXXON and MOBIL. That's all.
>
>
>
>
>
> How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email
>out
>
>to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people
>
>could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet you
>
>didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together
>
>we can make a difference.
>
>
>
> If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.
>
>
>
> PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30
>RANGE
>
>AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK

i filled up yesterday for almost $1 less than some stations are charging....i got enough to last me till next week when the prices come back to normal

if these idiots wouldn't panic and run out and fill everything up then the price would have hardly changed
everybody wanted gas all at once and these gas stations are raping people

you see all the looters on TV and you think, man thats terrible....but the oil companies are costing people much more and posting record profits
NOTHING the consumer can do can stop them...the government is gonna have to step in and regulate prices

if these idiots wouldn't panic and run out and fill everything up then the price would have hardly changed
everybody wanted gas all at once and these gas stations are raping people

Bingo!!

I've seen the stations locally up the prices .70 in and hour to try and back people down and they are filling up there trucks, cars, ect and three and four 5 gallon containers like it's the last gas they will ever see. Man are people ignorant........ :rolleyes: None of the above will ever work either. You can't stop using gas for any amount of time and do any good. Sooner or later you will need to tank up and they will just make record profits like was also mentioned above.

The gas futures price at the moment is 2.32. According to where you live(taxes, formulation, ect.) that should come out to be between 2.92 and 3.02. High I know, but not the 3.50 and 3.75 we are seeing in places(it's 3.50 here. Hell, I saw a place on the CBS news in Atlanta that was charging 5.82 for reg. and people were still buying it. They need to go home, wait till tomorrow and buy the amount they normally do. Buy the way, if I were selling something and the higher I raised the price, the more it sold, I would keep jacking up the price too.

Also, I have noticed the traffic up and down the road at my house has almost dried up!! Since it's usually pretty busy, this is an unexpected bonus for me since I have two wild kids that like to play outside in the yard. :wink:

Boy, are you guys so gullible into thinking ANY of this would work? People, by nature are getting stupider by the day. We invent all kinds of laws to further protect the stupid people. In the old days, stupid people got eaten by a dinosaur and the strong moved on. Today, we protect and legislate them. Stupid people, by the virtue of being stupid, reproduce faster then smart people (because they are too stupid to realize that if you can't feed them, don't breed them)

You could never come close to getting anyone to boycott anything in any organized fashion. People buy these giant trucks by the thousands and drive all over to pick up their $5 latte's.

Just in case you want some light reading and dont care about my opinion - here read this.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/gasout.asp

http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/nogas.asp

I agree there is no way organize a legit boycott.

What you miss or don't appreciate is the Effort when people feel they've been wronged.

Hard to make a point when the word 'stupid' is used so Liberal.

Out Of Gas

There are several stations out of gas in my area as I write this. The remaining stations are limiting each person to 10 gallons. A few are only selling to law enforcement, also they are only accepting cash.

Gas prices at the remaining stations are between 3.06 and 3.99 for regular.

This is RIDICULOUS!!!

I work as a traveling repair person for Toshiba. I have to buy gas every day or every other day to get to my customers, without gas I may end up taking some extra time off.

I also heard that gas in Atlanta GA is at 6.00 a gallon right now :eek: :eek:

NONE of those things would work. A boycott would only work if people didnt buy gas for weeks. Cars dont last that long (think its not on purpose?)

The oil companies wouldnt suffer on a few day or week boycott - the gas stations would, if anything. The .10 - .15 cents per gallon they make would be a hit in their pocket - but if everyone kept driving the same, the overall gas usage wouldnt decrease.

Would you like to get a moped or bicycle to take to work? If people could reasonably do that, they would do that now. Most people live too far or in too harsh a climate to do so. Think a truck driver or delivery person would sit at home instead of driving their truck? Probably not.

ALL I am saying is that those emails have been going around since we hit $2.00 a gallon - people just change prices to the current crisis and send them on. They mean nothing except to make educated people :rolleyes: at people that forward these emails as "effective" or even current.

How is your trip to Disney World from Bill Gates working out?

Sorry Rob, you caught me in a mood. I noticed you used the words "stupid" and "liberal" in the same sentence.... Nice touch.... :)

tjthorson said:
Boy, are you guys so gullible into thinking ANY of this would work? People, by nature are getting stupider by the day. We invent all kinds of laws to further protect the stupid people. In the old days, stupid people got eaten by a dinosaur and the strong moved on. Today, we protect and legislate them. Stupid people, by the virtue of being stupid, reproduce faster then smart people (because they are too stupid to realize that if you can't feed them, don't breed them)

Funny but true!
Stupidity is in full bloom these days because we (as a society) allow and cater to it!

The oil companies wouldnt suffer on a few day or week boycott - the gas stations would, if anything. The .10 - .15 cents per gallon they make would be a hit in their pocket

If only the owners of our local gas stations made that much on a gallon. It's more like .01 - .02 on the gallon. They make there money on the drinks, smokes, and candy you buy while you're there. They would be hit, just not much from the gas. It would be because you weren't there buying other things.

Hey TJ, You caught that hu? :D You're pretty sharp.

For the record..I don't think any of the Ideas will work. I was just responding to the thread. The email I received would have a better chance than the one day thing. That was my point.

Looking forward to the Calendar. :)

I own a gas station in north carolina, and I can tell you that I make nothing off gas. The oil company pays me 2 cents a gallon to sell there product. That is not enough to pay for the electricity to pump it out of the ground. Yesterday the oil company called me and told me to raise the price nearly 40 cents a gallon. It almost turned my stomach to change the prices on the sign to over three dollars a gallon. The only way to affect the price of gas is to simply consume less. That means car pooling, riding you bicycle, cutting down on unnecessary travel, and driving vehicles that use less gas. Unfortunately, the only way I see this happening is when the price of gas gets out of reach for the average American. Right now the prices are uncomfortable, but to the person that is making 100k a year and driving an Escalade to work 50 miles away, it is almost unnoticeable. At three dollars a gallon, the only people that are really affected are the single parents that were struggling anyway, or the small business owner that is trying to hold it together. Those are the people, myself included, that are really feeling the pressure. It means that there is something else we will have to do without. Everyday on my way to the shop, I get passed by enormous SUVs that are moving along at 80mph with one person in them. Everyday, these are the same people that fill up there 40 gallon tanks and complain about the price, when it is people like them that are causing it. If we could cut our demand for gas, we could also cut the price. Right now the oil companies are taking advantage of consumers and stuffing their pockets, and the only way to stop them is cut consumption.

Ya know...I'm even starting to wonder if cutting consumption is going to bring prices down. These oil companies have now got the taste of all this huge profit in their mouth, that if we cut consumption, they would only raise prices more to maintain the same profit level while selling less product. Just a thought. Scary one at that!!!

Use your heads, people. Move North. Hell, you probably started up here anyway, didn't you? There's plenty of gas up here (and snow in just a few more weeks)..

strike

Its like they say above, it sure doesn't hurt the rich, only the poor and middle class, and while we have a RED in office, it ain't gonna change! So pay up suckers!