Don Cruz built 249ci Short Block includes timing cover, aluminum pan, dls external oiling system,

I got 3,500 in a set of heads I bet they flow just as good

15k can buy my fresh stage 2 Dan stezo long block... I know its good way over 1200 hp

still in the crate.... car went 8.50's 1/4 before freshend up
did the thought cross ur mind that some want to class race in TSM and THIS motor wud surely give anyone a fighting chance? in fact, stage motors aren't allowed in most all of the Buick class races. can ur stage motor compete is TSO?

some ppl prefer the 109 cause its the stock block and stays true to the TR.

Well this thread has turned for the worst. Ok guys figure out who has the bigger penis and let's move on. This is the kind of crap that give the TB world a bad name.

If your not buying keep it to yourself and move on.
Agreed

Those champion heads are the baddest around just sold a set on here and yea you can sink 6 large in them real quick. 3g will get you gn1rs but thats about it. You want to make big power open your wallet

Thank you Nat... That's what people don't understand... Yes.. they might have bought champion heads.. yes they may be ported and they may flow, but there is a lot more involved than just flow. The people who have really made power in their cars understand this.

I got to ask.. now I'm curious, What information do you want from the buid sheet that would allow you to build your motor correctly/safely? And why is that the real problem if I'm only selling the shortblock? I'm not selling heads, turbo or anything else? Are you concerned about this motor having an issue because you don't know compression or deck height? Explain it to me please. You put a set of good flowing heads on the motor with the right components and supporting parts and you can acheive the same type of power with the right tune.

Sorry Sam, just seeing this. So this is where I am at. I just pulled my motor and I currently have another short block (with a girdle) both need rebuilding. I have a stroker kit I bought from David a while back and Champion irons I got from Bison. When I saw your ad I thought I could sell all the stuff I have, add whatever cash needed and put the champions on your short block. My first concern would be my springs binding with the lift of your cam. So I could tear into the Cruz built motor, take the cam up to Comp (5 minutes from where I work) and have them make me a cam card. Not sure I want to go through all that.
Other unknowns: what pistons were used? did Cruz use a custom piston knowing the Combustion chambers on your old heads would keep the compression reasonable but with my champions is would be to high. That's just a couple that come to mind.
I completely agree you pay for power. I had a 2001 Cobra with 60k in it. Best of everything. So I'm not afraid to spend it on good parts either and know what the better engine builders charge. I do not think I could build it for any less, and I know what the wait is like for the Cruz's, Hodgelands etc. As I said earlier, your car is beautiful and I personally do not think you are asking to much for the short block.

Are you interested in any trades? motorcycles? Rolex or Cartier watches, guns??? (all my bad habits)

LMK, thanks, Jeff.

ATTN IDIOTS! This is a "FOR SALE" thread. if your interested respond.if your interested in expressing your opinion this isnt the place.what dont you get?......................................K..................BYE!

U can get the part from TA performance. get stefs pan, need to mod the timing cover passages. Therr is a thread on the board on how to do it. .

ATTN IDIOTS! This is a "FOR SALE" thread. if your interested respond.if your interested in expressing your opinion this isnt the place.what dont you get?......................................K..................BYE!
Exactly!! Max effort 109 builds are not cheap and no joke!!

Sam...best of luck with the sale. Don't let the negativity get to you. Oh...and best of luck with next build.:)

Sam some of these guys have no idea what the cost is that goes into these motors, I purchase a stage II short block 15 years ago and that was $10.000. GLWS.

I have up for sale a 249ci 109, girlded, dls wide journal crank, cp piston, the best of the best built by don cruz. I am selling the short block as I will be going to a stage block. The motor ony has dyno time on it. A total of 9 pulls. It made a whopping 753hp on 24.6psi. This motor was tuned by cal hartline, Motor is absolutlely perfect. Serious inquiries only 7k. This is an easy 8sec motor. There is not a single thing wrong with it. I just want to do 1200hp to the wheels and I don't want to break this motor trying to achieve it.
View attachment 248819
View attachment 248818

Hi Sam I you give a call please my #2016687648 thanks
sam
Hi