Don Cruz built 249ci Short Block includes timing cover, aluminum pan, dls external oiling system,

SAMBALLS1

I have up for sale a 249ci 109, girlded, dls wide journal crank, cp piston, the best of the best built by don cruz. I am selling the short block as I will be going to a stage block. The motor ony has dyno time on it. A total of 9 pulls. It made a whopping 753hp on 24.6psi. This motor was tuned by cal hartline, Motor is absolutlely perfect. Serious inquiries only 7k. This is an easy 8sec motor. There is not a single thing wrong with it. I just want to do 1200hp to the wheels and I don't want to break this motor trying to achieve it.
motor2.jpg

motor.jpg

thanks
sam

Last edited:
Look, at the end of the day. . .after all the dust settles. . . The motor made 753hp on 24psi. To the wheels. Does it really matter what the cam is. I asked Don to build me something powerful. . .thats what i got. Thats easy 880hp to the flywheel. On a meager 13% drivetrain loss.

I will tell u guys, i haven't even driven the car. I finished the build, loaded it on the dyno, dynoed the car, pulled it off the dyno, loaded on trailer, unloaded at home amd in garage. . . Its got .less than 1 mile street time.

It was delivered to me last year mid year. It sat on an engine stand as I finished assembly on my car. I had the body off the frame as i was resorting frame.

Gnbrett, what did u want to know about motor?
just wondering if its a solid roller or Hydraulic. I know he doesn't give out cam info nor wud I expect him to share his trade secrets. does it have a DLS oiling system. I know he recommends them on his high horsepower builds.

And which heads...were they ported? By who? You seem to have an attitude. The questions are coming because you're the one selling a short block without any cam specs, cylinder head info or any other details besides boost level. What fuel? Turbo? Compression ratio?
And asking $7,000..... Good luck with your sale though!

Short block or long block? the title says short..