Don Cruz built 249ci Short Block includes timing cover, aluminum pan, dls external oiling system,

Jasjamz, stay out of my thread if u cant afford it. Now i have attitude. Im selling a 850+hp block. With dyno sheets amd videos to prove it. Why don't you call the best buick builders and ask them to build u somethimg like this and ask them to tell u everything that was done. These guys are very secretive. Imagine how i felt when i threw 16k+ into this build and didnt even know the cam specs. So once again. If you can't afford. . .stay out of my thread please. Don cruz built the motor. Call him if u wish amd ask him for details. Good luck.
Short block. Not long block. Oh motor had champion Aluminum heads

Last edited:
And which heads...were they ported? By who? You seem to have an attitude. The questions are coming because you're the one selling a short block without any cam specs, cylinder head info or any other details besides boost level. What fuel? Turbo? Compression ratio?
And asking $7,000..... Good luck with your sale though!
The heads on this motor to produce that power were Champion GN1 R, Tall port heads, with Berrilium seats and all the goodies. I've got over 6.5k in these heads. The turbo is a 78mm Comp Tripple ball bearing turbo, and all this power was made on pump e85 gas. No compression ratio info or cam specs will be given other than it's a solid roller cam. You gotta pay to play!

Yes.. I know... i starting to second guess selling it.. been tossing and turning all night about it.

You replied to my post twice. The first reply was rude and demeaning. I stated in my post that you seem to have an attitude because people asked you questions that were reasonable for someone looking to purchase.

Here was your reply, "Look, at the end of the day. . .after all the dust settles. . . The motor made 753hp on 24psi. To the wheels. Does it really matter what the cam is. I asked Don to build me something powerful. . .thats what i got."

That reads like you were frustrated with the questions asked! Simple as that!
You speak of the power the car made.
How can they buy your short with expectations of making that type of power without knowing what other parts were involved?
I was actually trying to HELP your thread. However, now I see the type of person you really are.
Another thing... Blocks support HP, they don't MAKE it. The same goes for Short Blocks. You can say it's capable of supporting eight second power. Not selling a short block as an 800HP motor.

As far as Buick Engine builders, I have spoken with as well as made transactions some of the best. I understand the "Trade Secrets," however you as a consumer should have knowledge of what and why you purchase items. Or you could just throw money at "Big Names" and request something powerful in return. I laugh at those who do so, but can't answer simple questions afterwards. My builder is the same one TurboCliff used. I am constantly learning and trying new things, and use that to assist other Buick owners.

Thanks for the second much more appropriate and informative reply to my post!
Good luck on the Stage Project! Hope to meet you in person at a Buick event this year.
There I can display my "creds," tell you what I do for a living and you tell me if I can "afford" a "Don Cruze Engine."
I won't post anything else on your threads.
Have a good evening Sam!

Look, what part of the I'm not going to tell you what the spec's of the motor other than cubes, crank and builder don't you get. I don't care how you feel or how I replied to you. Are you buying the motor? If not get the hell out of my thread. I don't care to meet you, I don't care what you can do or what your references are... as far as I'm concerned your a no-body... I don't care if you have 5k, 10k post, or how long you have been on this board.... Are you buying this motor? NO.... so what does it matter to you. THE BUILD MADE THE POWER IT DID. I'm selling this short block as a capable and proven 865hp flywheel MOTOR. It must really bother you because you took so much of your time to write out your reply... You put so much work into it... If you really had a substantle amount of $$$ in your build like I do, then you would understand. Just like flying in a tuner. I got Cal to tune my car. It's a 1000hp tune. Don't you want to see his tune too? I got my tranny built by Mike Kurts out of houston, do you want me to tell what "secret special parts" are in it. Who cares... the shear fact of the matter is IT SUPPORTED THE POWER AND THAT'S WHAT BUYERS WANT. To be really frank with you, I discussed what I'm selling this block for, and most of the people that I have spoken too, probably the same cirlce of friends you deal with say it's an AMAZING DEAL! Deal with that... I've actually been second guessing myself in regards to selling motor..... DON'T be a Thread TROLL and mess with my thread anymore unless you are going to throw some coin my way...

If I do show up to the events, trust me.. I wouldn't bother to care to go visit your car or find out about your credentials. . . My life is way to short to care anything about yours..

Oh... and I don't need luck with my builds.... Its just me preparing for the opportunity... I'm sure your jaw will drop when you see my car either on the dyno or the track....

Sam

I understand the "Trade Secrets," however you as a consumer should have knowledge of what and why you purchase items. Or you could just throw money at "Big Names" and request something powerful in return.
thats pretty much how it works. thro money at a top engine builder and get somthn powerful in return.

try buying a Proline motor and ull get the same response. its makes big power and thats about all ur gonna get for trade secrets.

went thru the same thing wen trying to buy a PST motor for my drag bike. its frustrating I agree but if u wanna know wat makes it go fast ur gonna have to buy and strip it down.

Last edited:
thats pretty much how it works. thro money at a top engine builder and get somthn powerful in return.

try buying a Proline motor and ull get the same response. its makes big power and thats about all ur gonna get for trade secrets.

went thru the same thing wen trying to buy a PST motor for my drag bike. its frustrating I agree but if u wanna know wat makes it go fast ur gonna have to buy and strip it down.

Sam, I apologize for hijacking but this statement is just not accurate.

Proline motors come with build sheet's and cam cards as do every other motor that I have ever purchased or seen. Whether it Proline, Kaase, Bennett etc., you are paying for the best parts, the experience of the builder, machine work, blueprinting, detail work etc. The trade "secrets" are precision measuring, machining, balancing and meticulous assembly. A cam is not a secret as it can be pulled, measured and duplicated in a matter of hours.

Now if someone has the money and does not care about the cam specs, bearing clearances, deck height, compression ratio etc., and just wants a fast car, that's their business. I've met people in 9 second street cars that did not even know the size of the turbo. I think the motor is a great deal, but without the build sheets it takes more time and money to set it up correctly/safely, that's the real problem (and the reason I have not made an offer). GLWS, I have no doubt it's worth it or that it will sell. Also, you have beautiful car and whoever did your cage is a pro.

I apprecaite and respect your thoughts. Like I said before. I'm selling short block that is capable of withstanding 850+hp. It has all the right components in the rotating assembly to make that happen. If your interested in motor that is new and can handle that type of power hit me up. I'm sorry, i'm just not going give anyone any more data than that unless they are serious and ready to take delivery and moneys have been exchanged.

Look at my build, and you tell me if it looks like I'm the type of guy who buys cheap parts. You get what you pay for. I paid for the best, and that's what I'm selling.

Feel free to visit my facebook page to get more detailed info on the rest of the build.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...073741828.100000161334920&type=1&l=4e5304fe14

I think the motor is a great deal, but without the build sheets it takes more time and money to set it up correctly/safely, that's the real problem (and the reason I have not made an offer). GLWS, I have no doubt it's worth it or that it will sell. Also, you have beautiful car and whoever did your cage is a pro.

I got to ask.. now I'm curious, What information do you want from the buid sheet that would allow you to build your motor correctly/safely? And why is that the real problem if I'm only selling the shortblock? I'm not selling heads, turbo or anything else? Are you concerned about this motor having an issue because you don't know compression or deck height? Explain it to me please. You put a set of good flowing heads on the motor with the right components and supporting parts and you can acheive the same type of power with the right tune.

Sam you could give them every bit of info on the build and they still won't buy it. Everybody thinks they can build it cheaper. The reality is that horsepower costs money and it does not matter if it is 6 cylinders or 8 or 12.

Quality costs money and its a real shame that people on this board dont get that. Good luck with the sale.

This turned awkward real quick ....lol

Cruz builds great stuff...i talked with him about doing mine but i will leqving back to Iraq shortly....id be tossing and turning too if it were my build

Great deal though....im just a few K short....lol....GLWS

Attachments

• 1425535847686.jpg
    1425535847686.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 121