Dog owners inside

Grumpy

Thread killer
Ok what are people feeding their dogs ?? My old German Shepherd lived to 13 1/2 on Science diet. Longest I ever had a GS live. The new pup has been on Purina .. Dog is growing like a weed :eek: Our vet said that was ok just stay away from the Walmart/China stuff. Oh ours eats "people " food to. So what are your opinions here ;)

Attachments

• 100_1695.jpg
    100_1695.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 679
Both dog (yellow lab) and cat(Russian Blue) have been on IAMS since we got them. Dog is 4 & cat is 13.

Never had a problem with either. Both are lean, fit animals with plenty of energy.

Note the green paws. She felt the need to run around following "dad" for 2 hours while I mowed the yard. Dumbass.....:)

Attachments

• Digital pics. 363.jpg
    Digital pics. 363.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 657
Good high quality dog food isn't all that hard to find. Usually the really good stuff is at feed stores.

I had several vets over the years (the ones that DONT sell dog food out of their business) tell me the same thing. STAY AWAY FROM ANY DOG FOOD that has the words "by products" ANYWHERE in the ingredients label.

You wouldn't believe what's in those "by products". :eek:

Both dog (yellow lab) and cat(Russian Blue) have been on IAMS since we got them. Dog is 4 & cat is 13.

Never had a problem with either. Both are lean, fit animals with plenty of energy.

Note the green paws. She felt the need to run around following "dad" for 2 hours while I mowed the yard. Dumbass.....:)

Now THAT is cute ... she seems SO happy :) ---

We have been feeding our dogs the cheap Kroger brand Purina Dog Chow as long as I can remember, I just looked what it said in the ingredients and the very first one is: Whole grain corn, poultry by-product meal.... I think this may be another fable/old wives tales because we have dogs that are growing up right along side our 11 & 13 yr old kids since they were as young as 2mo old!! ;)
Sure the feed places food might be better but the million dollar question is "Just how much"? When I see how well our dogs are doing, I will stick to the cheap Kroger food store Purina Dog Chow 20lb bags for $9.00.

* Brazillian Mastiff- 6yrs old weighs 178lbs (Our ADT system!) :biggrin:

* Yellow Lab - 14-15yrs old FAT! Still see's, still plays a little, still hears!

* Boxer Puppy - 9mo old and completely all muscle.

* Cat - 10yrs old & FAT! Perfect health!

We also feed our dogs table food/scraps NOT MUCH but they all get some left overs after we eat..

NOTE: Look at the Mastiff taking up 3/4 of the Love seat! lol All our animals are SPOILED ROTTEN!!

Attachments

• Harley 1-4-10.jpg
    Harley 1-4-10.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 669
  • our digital pictures 290.jpg
    our digital pictures 290.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 651
  • Bobo - Riely.jpg
    Bobo - Riely.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 650
ever since i put my dogs on Solid Gold Wolf King, their coats have looked the healthiest. its $50-55 for the 30 lb bag, but i dont think i'll ever go back to anything else. they also have Wolf Cub for puppies.

We've used Iams, Eukanuba, Royal Canin, Science Diet, Nutro, etc. We just stick with Iams Large Breed or Iams Lamb and Rice (I think, red bag) for convenience. It's reasonably priced and easy to find. Our Vet more or a less told us just to stick to the "big" names and not Old Roys. The cheaper foods are normally full of salt. But puppy food is more important for dogs that are prone to hip dysplasia. You need just the right amount of protein. To much can cause the bones to grow to fast and the body can't keep up. I think Iams is making a GS specific food now. I know they have one for labs. He also told us to put an egg on the food if you want a shiny coat.

ever since i put my dogs on solid gold wolf king, their coats have looked the healthiest. Its $50-55 for the 30 lb bag, but i dont think i'll ever go back to anything else. They also have wolf cub for puppies.

+1

Dan, judging by your dogs eyes, I think you should change the dogs diet asap.

Attachments

• 100_1695.jpg
    100_1695.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 590
Pro Plan is what he eat. And eat he does:eek:, its mostly found in the feed stores. Its a Purina brand.

Attachments

• IMG00194.jpg
    IMG00194.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 590
good looking dogs in here :biggrin: Any of you guys do cage fighting ??? Here is Hunter the "Hambone" and his buddy Sherpa from "The Flying Wallendas" She can jump like she has springs on her feet !! :eek: 1st pic is @ 10 weeks old when they first met.. 2nd one is from Memorial Day.. They were both being a PITA so I put Hunter in the cage.. Sherpa followed. Talk about crazy dogs. #3 finally both laying down !! I'd want their life :p

... Prob goin to the Science Diet puppy food for him right now.. See how he likes that.

Attachments

• m5.jpg
    m5.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 594
  • m1.jpg
    m1.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 564
  • m9.jpg
    m9.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 580
we feed ours the Royal Canine... He really like it

Attachments