Does the sound of this new Shelby GT350 scare you?

I'm feeling a sense of pride swelling up inside me I can hardly contain. Thank you for posting.

Sounds like every other crappy sounding mustang.
I absolutely hate the cackling sound.
Nothing sounds better than the old school big blocks...Even Fords

personally I think it sounds like shit! and in the end its still a rattling uncomfortable to drive Mustang that can never seem to hold its value. probably cause there are a 100,000,000,000.00 of them on the road!

yeah, it sounds like shit- people seem to mistake "loud" for "badass" these days... but i doubt that it's a "rattling uncomfortable" car to drive. the newest Mustang that i've ever driven was an '08 GT that a friend has and it drove really nice without any creaks or rattles over potholes on crappy city streets and all accounts say that they just get better with each passing year..

I like the new ones. Hate the way they sound though. That hollow Mustang sound just doesn't do it for me. Probably stems back to my deep seeded hatred for every asshole driving a notchback GT with busted cladding and Flowmaster 40s blaring Eminem when I was in high school.

ohc engines sound the best, including the v8's. And I'm not a fan of modular but hard to beat the sound.

Damn, does sound like shit. To bad, cause I like to think any car over here is better then anything from over there.

Sounds like poo. Way to raspy. I think it has to do with the tiny side pipes that bypass the mufflers when activated. I'm pretty sure these have those. That is just a dumb idea. Put on a nice dual 3" exhaust with x pipe and straight through mufflers and it will sound amazing.

Sounds like poo. Way to raspy. I think it has to do with the tiny side pipes that bypass the mufflers when activated. I'm pretty sure these have those. That is just a dumb idea. Put on a nice dual 3" exhaust with x pipe and straight through mufflers and it will sound amazing.

agreed.. a good flowing true dual exhaust with an X pipe and something like Dynomax Super Turbos would sound pretty good for an oem car, with maybe something like Flowmaster 40 series mufflers as an option.. but that's not the sound new car buyers want these days: they want that choked down sound that makes the car sound like something like a Mercedes, with maybe a bit of that annoying rasp to it if it's marketed as a performance model..

It did sound weird.

Mustangs have always been fun cars to drive.

If you know how to drive.

D

Doesn't that have the flat-plane 180° crank? Would help (a lot!) if the fidelity was better. If you want people to notice the sound, use a quality mike...