does meth injection still make power with E-85

gntyDenver

GnTy
I'm wondering i have 160lbs does my alky control still have the same effect on E-85 as it does on gas?:confused:

This can only really be answered if you knew your MAT temp, otherwise it's a guess.

Are you intercooled and seeing around 130 degrees towards the end of 3rd? In this case, a lot of alky can make it too cold since the E85 will take that charge down another 20-30 degrees in the runner/cylinder alone. If you get too close to 70 degree cylinder air temp you can start to lose power.

If you could spray a little alky (maybe an M7 etc) and it brought you down around 100 degrees at the end of 3rd than with E85 you'll be as dense as you can get without sacrifice.

Weather is bad now but thx alot....So is it worth keeping or sell it is my next question? im trying to figure out if i sud buy 160lbs as of now I have 95 w/meth or go 160lb no meth???

Keep it and run a small nozzle, with the T70 and a PTE you wouldn't need a lot of Meth to keep the temps cool before the E85 hit it.

I'd spray a little on cold days/nights but on those 80 + degree days run the alky knob higher. Since ambient temps change the MAT temp due to inlet and air going through the FMIC you can't just set the alky to one setting.

The amount of alky I'm suggesting isn't a huge kick DC % wise so you might still need 160's if you have a very power GN on E85.

Keep it and run a small nozzle, with the T70 and a PTE you wouldn't need a lot of Meth to keep the temps cool before the E85 hit it.

I'd spray a little on cold days/nights but on those 80 + degree days run the alky knob higher. Since ambient temps change the MAT temp due to inlet and air going through the FMIC you can't just set the alky to one setting.

The amount of alky I'm suggesting isn't a huge kick DC % wise so you might still need 160's if you have a very power GN on E85.

+ GNVYUS 1 is right

E85 = cool charge, more so than it gets credit for

As a matter of fact even in Texas last year it got cold enough where I had to actually add gas ( 9 to 1 ) E-85 to 87 to get the car happy again. I did not add a meth injection kit to the car even though on 95-100 degree days it would probably help.

I was running my White car with stock IC, stock, turbo, at the track hot lapping in the summer with no discernible difference in times, thats right hot lapping. The boys I know with meth injection and 93 can't do that.

The same car with E-85 vs ( 93 + alky ) will make more power, 10-15% on average with a safer tune because E85 loves to be rich at WOT. A meth kit is just icing when you need it ;)

MY GN is also an E-85 car but I will be installing one of Julio's kits. I have the MAFT pro in that car as well so if I'm away from an area with E-85 I can run 93 + alky on the fly. Too me thats the best of both worlds.