Does anyone make a whole a-pillar gauge pod?

kenny

No turbo, no care.
I'm not really a fan of the bolt on style and was wondering if anyone makes an entire a-pillar piece.

I'd like either one or two holes for gauges.

I havn't seen or heard of a full a pillar gauge pod for our cars, but if anyone else has I'd definatly be interested in one also. Maybe a new product for a vendor to develop?

A company called Lotek (sp?) makes a one piece dual pod A pillar piece. I bought mine at the 2001 Nats, they had just came out with them then. I don't remember the vendor, but check around and someone should have them. The piece looks nice, people always seem to notice that from outside the car first. I have the boost and a rpm guage in mine.

I think the one I won in the TB.Com raffle is a dual one piece part. I don't plan on using it so what is it worth to ya!

You have mail.

Kenny if you wanted to buy it from IC, you can have first dib's on it since you did start the topic.(thought I'd show a lil' respect)

IC, is it gloss black or is it the normal GN gray?

A friend of mine with a MK4 Supra told me to try Lo-tek, theirs looks gloss black (although, when you click the GN/T-Type link it takes you to the Saturn gauge pod :mad: ).

If yours is the gray, I'd be interested. :)

Originally posted by mycarsucks
Let it be known that the lotek pillar is supposed to have terrible fit.....

That's not cool. :( We'll see. :rolleyes:

Jason, thanks. :)

I have a dual gauge pod that replaces the entire A pillar trim. I bought it from the above listed Lotek Engineering. Cost was $49.99 + shipping, if I remember correctly.

I'll agree that the fit is FAR from perfect, but it's good enough for me. :cool:

By the way, it matches the GN gray.

Happen to have any pictures of the fit?

If not, any way you could take some? :D

I'll take some tonight when i get home.

I don't have any way to post them though. :( -I WISH we had that feature again on this board.

Shoot me an e-mail and I'll send them tomorrow afternoon (I'll be out of the office the entire day).

Please put the subject of the e-mail as "A-pilllar gauge pics" or something to that effect, so that I don't delete it. I get a TON of spams daily. :D

To see some photos of the Lo-Tek pillar pods just click on our link below or when our Banner ad comes around at top.

I can't believe anybody is still interested in purchasing a Lo-Tek A-Pillar piece?!:eek: :eek:
Take the p/s one out of your Mom's Granada, yes the turquois one, and put it in an oven for a week, then 12 -15 sharp blows with a hammer and install. Your new piece will fit/look faaaaaaar superior to the Lo-Tek piece.
Jim

I've been happy with the fit of the one in my T. I had one in my Typhoon and loved it too. Even if the fit is a LITTLE off, it still looks 100 times better than the cheezy stick on pods.

Lo-tek is pretty quick about shipping the pods (if they're in stock)and Cottons sells them too.

Thanks Clay.

Doesn't look too bad. Color looks a bit off.

I'm thinking I'll go with the normal ones, even though I don't really like the bolt on style.

Why can't anyone make a piece worthy of my $? :(

Jason,
If we ever get together at Jimmie Cones, I'll show you how I installed my Lo-Tek piece in my T with burgundy interior.

Brian

Thanks Geoff. Nice wheel. :p

I dunno. Geoff's fit looks better than the pictures posted here.

I may try the piece and if it doesn't fit how I like just take a loss. I have to buy a Buick first, so I have some time to make up my mind. Thanks for the replies. :D