Does anyone know how to replace throttle body shaft seals

warlord

I took apart the tps unit and took the 1 screw off the plate that holds the seal in place, but thats as far as i went, am i doing this wrong
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1379374047.406662.jpg

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Would be a lot easier to do off the car 2 screws hold the butterfly in you will not get the shaft out like that!

Also, if I remember correctly, the screws that hold the blade in place are peened so they don't fall out accidently, they may not come out real easily either.

ks

Also, if I remember correctly, the screws that hold the blade in place are peened so they don't fall out accidently, they may not come out real easily either.

ks

I just had mine all apart, the screws weren't peened and came out quite easily. I strongly recommend using loctite if yours aren't peened.

Believe you use a threaded rod with large flat sealing washers each end + nuts. Tighten them slowly & evenly being careful to ensure the seals go in square & evenly are full seat

Suggest you contact Steve Munroe.
http://www.throttlebodys.com/Buick_GN.htm

Am sure he can supply the seals as well.

According to the thread title

Remove old seals

Insert new seals

Sorry, been a long day.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

x-2 with the Steve Monroe suggestion...they are 62mm as well as new seals and he mods the screws in the blade holder too. Mine has been great for maybe 10 years.