Dodge Challenger

The hood is a Mopar Performance hood from the Mopar 10 model. I bought one with the under hood bezel to make it functional. Big $$$ for what you get. The car is really fun to drive but there are issues with the plastic trim parts. Cracking and braking on low to no miles cars. They are replaced under warranty but down the road I can see this being an issue. First pick out of the big three !!!!

i always liked the "power bulge" hood better then the shaker or the scoop.. the scoop IMO looks dumb unless its flat black like it was originally on the T/A challenger. Dodge kinda screwed up puttin those dumb split carbon fiber stripes on the hood... they should have just put a solid black out treatment to the raised up portion like on the old school and took the stupid RAM emblem off the header panel.

i always liked the "power bulge" hood better then the shaker or the scoop.. the scoop IMO looks dumb unless its flat black like it was originally on the T/A challenger. Dodge kinda screwed up puttin those dumb split carbon fiber stripes on the hood... they should have just put a solid black out treatment to the raised up portion like on the old school and took the stupid RAM emblem off the header panel.

You have to be the first person that has ever spoke those words,"i like the power bulge better then the shaker" thats like comparing a n/a regal to a gnx.
The shaker is the holy grail of the e bodies,especially on the Challenger R/T,because the only other option was the odd shaped non ram air power bulge, yrs ago the power bulge hood was hated,because it was ugly + never really fit the look of the car,the cuda's non shaker hood was alot nicer,(but still couldn't compare with the shaker) + is probably why the cuda was more popular.
I sold the 2 cars below at about the same time + the green one went for almost 3 times the price, for 1 reason,The Shaker Hood.
Same on the cuda,an otherwise identical cuda is worth tens of thousands less with the base non ram air or power bulge hood.
I agree the t/a scooped hood,I only liked on the t/a + in flat black,
people bought them after market + put them on regular challengers + i thought they looked tacky.but power bulge over shaker,Not a Chance.

Attachments

• scan0004.jpg
    scan0004.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 298
Looking back at post # 13 that hood would look so much better in flat black instead of the orange.
I would figure that a T/A model will be coming out shortly,+ will most likely have that hood in flat black + the T/A style striping.
I never really liked the srt8 designation either,they went for retro look,but then kind of added an off the wall new name for it, I think they should have just stuck with the R/T designation + just offered different power levels like in the past.

I am somewhat interested in getting a stripe delete R/T, here in the desert you can get one for under 30k.
Daily driver = Mopar.
Street/strip = 5.0.

I am somewhat interested in getting a stripe delete R/T, here in the desert you can get one for under 30k.
Daily driver = Mopar.
Street/strip = 5.0.

X2

I don't like much at all about the camaro, though the popularity of the LS motor is an advantage for mod availabilty. The 6 speed r/t has come down a lot in price from the 10 to 11 model year (like 2500) because 6 speed is now standard and the auto is the $1000 option. The base price of the R/T is cheaper now as well, and more cool stuff comes standard like keyless go. For someone wanting an auto the leftover '10s out there are a pretty good deal but for a 6 speed you might as well order an 11 your way.

Think Pink!

Attachments

• pinksized1.jpg
    pinksized1.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 286
  • pinksized2.jpg
    pinksized2.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 274
  • pinksized3.jpg
    pinksized3.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 276
You have to be the first person that has ever spoke those words,"i like the power bulge better then the shaker" thats like comparing a n/a regal to a gnx.
The shaker is the holy grail of the e bodies,especially on the Challenger R/T,because the only other option was the odd shaped non ram air power bulge, yrs ago the power bulge hood was hated,because it was ugly + never really fit the look of the car,the cuda's non shaker hood was alot nicer,(but still couldn't compare with the shaker) + is probably why the cuda was more popular.
I sold the 2 cars below at about the same time + the green one went for almost 3 times the price, for 1 reason,The Shaker Hood.
Same on the cuda,an otherwise identical cuda is worth tens of thousands less with the base non ram air or power bulge hood.
I agree the t/a scooped hood,I only liked on the t/a + in flat black,
people bought them after market + put them on regular challengers + i thought they looked tacky.but power bulge over shaker,Not a Chance.

you gotta be joking right? ...its sought after because its rare... not because it works.. Even Stevens who is like a Mopar big shot said on TV the shaker sits so low in the car that it has No ram air effect. Shakers are nothing but a gimmick... they are cool but more show than go. I would take the power buldge all day over hole in my hood. plus the shakers came with that odd emblem instead of the D O D G E that was across the front of the powerbuldge. i like the 71's how they have the R/T call out on the buldge..

its definetly not comparing a regal to a gnx...the shaker hood doesnt add horsepower. Mopar guys like the shaker cause they all buy the hype about it just like the turbo regal guys get their rocks off over rosewood and sage... they really arent that great colors but they are rare.

I have a 09 SRT8 that is one of the nices cars I have own. The ride and handling of the car is awsome. no these cars are to heavy to be 1/4 miles monsters but I can tell you the other two hot rods do not look as good or ride as good as the chalnneger. It is a very good all around car. If you get a SRT make sure you go to the driving school you get when you buy one best one day you will have and you will see what these cars will do!
and they will have green out in about a week or two. that might be a really nice color maybe as nice as the B5 blue

Attachments

• srt.jpg
    srt.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 279
you gotta be joking right? ...its sought after because its rare... not because it works.. Even Stevens who is like a Mopar big shot said on TV the shaker sits so low in the car that it has No ram air effect. Shakers are nothing but a gimmick... they are cool but more show than go. I would take the power buldge all day over hole in my hood. plus the shakers came with that odd emblem instead of the D O D G E that was across the front of the powerbuldge. i like the 71's how they have the R/T call out on the buldge..

its definetly not comparing a regal to a gnx...the shaker hood doesnt add horsepower. Mopar guys like the shaker cause they all buy the hype about it just like the turbo regal guys get their rocks off over rosewood and sage... they really arent that great colors but they are rare.

I'm not saying the shaker adds big hp,tho ,it can't help but add some,it,s cold outside air vs hot underhood air,I'm saying the difference in value + desirability is like comparing a gnx to a base regal.
Its mostly "The look",of the shaker, but also the rarity, performance,+ the look + feel when driving it,when it moves seperatly ,from the rest of the hood,everytime you hit the gas or let off,it adds a whole new feeling to the driving experience. also at a show when the hood is open + you see that big hole + the shaker call out. it really stands out,vs an unfinished nothing special power bulge hood.
The original owner of the green car refused to buy the car he had ordered from dodge, three times when they discontinued the shaker 3 times because of production problems,he hated the power bulge + would not want the car with it,when i was collecting cars i can't tell you how many cars i just walked away from or wouldn't consider buying because it just had the base powerbulge,which nobody liked,at least the one on the cuda was somewhat nice looking,but i would walk away from those too,it was shaker or nothing,they were worth soo much more back then + are today,That green car sold for over $200k not too long ago + the red one probably maxed at 85k.
The guy before me had a hard time selling the red one + i finally went + bought it because it was so inexpensive for what it was,+ when i sold it ,i had to sell it cheap,because of the power bulge, + even then i had to take a trade so i could sell it,, as a matter of fact i took a silver tr in trade towards it. If the car had a shaker like the green one I would have had people lining up to buy it + bidding on it like they were on the green one.
Being as rare as they are i would guess you have never even seen a real shaker challenger,other then pics.99.9 % of the population havn't,they started making cheap immitations yrs ago + people were adding them after,which i can understand,but I can guarantee no one ever took off their shaker to add a power bulge. They even redid the power bulge on the new ones,which improved the looks better then the old ones.
Something is wrong here,no true mopar guy would be saying what you are saying it just makes no sense I can only assume you are saying this because you have a large scooped 69 road runner 6-pack hood on your b-body,Am i sensing a bit of e-body envy here? It's the only explanation i can see.

I have a 09 SRT8 that is one of the nices cars I have own. The ride and handling of the car is awsome. no these cars are to heavy to be 1/4 miles monsters but I can tell you the other two hot rods do not look as good or ride as good as the chalnneger. It is a very good all around car. If you get a SRT make sure you go to the driving school you get when you buy one best one day you will have and you will see what these cars will do!
and they will have green out in about a week or two. that might be a really nice color maybe as nice as the B5 blue

Ya that b5 is nice,i've always liked that color.
+ if i ever get one it will be the srt8,
Like the old saying goes:
"If your gonna be a bear ,be a Grizzly Bear."

X2

I don't like much at all about the camaro, though the popularity of the LS motor is an advantage for mod availabilty. The 6 speed r/t has come down a lot in price from the 10 to 11 model year (like 2500) because 6 speed is now standard and the auto is the $1000 option. The base price of the R/T is cheaper now as well, and more cool stuff comes standard like keyless go. For someone wanting an auto the leftover '10s out there are a pretty good deal but for a 6 speed you might as well order an 11 your way.

Think Pink!

I didn't know they made panther pink,is that factory?
I had a panther pink 340 duster yrs ago.

you could save up and buy a real one. This was at a local car show today. 1970, 4 speed , Hemi and less than 40,000 miles. Window sticker was $5083.

Attachments

• P5140010.jpg
    P5140010.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 232
  • P5140011.jpg
    P5140011.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 237
you could save up and buy a real one. This was at a local car show today. 1970, 4 speed , Hemi and less than 40,000 miles. Window sticker was $5083.

That dude needs to replace those tires!!!! He'll figure it out soon enough when one tries to rip the quarter panel off. Nice car though, damn sure ain't cheap.

The pics I posted are of my wife's furious fuchsia R/T classic. It's not "panther pink" like everyone wanted but it's pink nonetheless. Looks really pink in direct sun when the metallic pops out, overcast days it's pretty dark, hence the fuchsia name and if they need sales they can always bring out the real panther pink later :rolleyes: . Just like green with envy, everyone will settle for it and in two years the real sublime will come out. :rolleyes:

The fuchsia was also the only way to get the white seating, and they contrast stitched it with pink thread for a nice touch. They made 400 srts in pink with number plaque and an unconfirmed number of 1000 R/Ts that aren't numbered. R/T could also have black stripes and/or standard black seating. Not hard to find, there's still a bunch of pink '10s on dealer lots that they can't sell. :eek:

Also I think if you are buying for collector value, best bet is to wait until the challenger has run its course and they quit building them (rumor has it they'll axe it in 2-4 more years). This way you can wait and see what the most collectible model will be. People flocked to get one of the first 5500 08s because "they'd be the best investment". Now I think the 6.4 srt is gonna overshadow it. The inaugural edition 6.4s ( numbered and limited to 1100) look to be the most desireable so far but it ain't over till it's over. Either that or any 6.4 srt in a high impact color is gonna be one to get, high impact colors are all limited production. Run them through the factory in a short timespan and then that color is done. Can't order plum crazy or furious fuchsia and i'm pretty sure detonator yellow is gone as well as B5 blue. Green with envy will be out in short order and then gone once they're all sold.

That dude needs to replace those tires!!!! He'll figure it out soon enough when one tries to rip the quarter panel off. Nice car though, damn sure ain't cheap.

The pics I posted are of my wife's furious fuchsia R/T classic. It's not "panther pink" like everyone wanted but it's pink nonetheless. Looks really pink in direct sun when the metallic pops out, overcast days it's pretty dark, hence the fuchsia name and if they need sales they can always bring out the real panther pink later :rolleyes: . Just like green with envy, everyone will settle for it and in two years the real sublime will come out. :rolleyes:

The fuchsia was also the only way to get the white seating, and they contrast stitched it with pink thread for a nice touch. They made 400 srts in pink with number plaque and an unconfirmed number of 1000 R/Ts that aren't numbered. R/T could also have black stripes and/or standard black seating. Not hard to find, there's still a bunch of pink '10s on dealer lots that they can't sell. :eek:

Thats pretty cool,may be worth alot some day,there is a big premium on any of the original panther pink cars.
i probably payed 50% or so extra for my pp duster.

My dad is high school buddies with a local high end mopar restorer, who owns an original panther pink '70 barracuda. 383 4 barrel car. Need to get his car for a photo op. Since I work at the dealer, I did the "crazy guy who saves every scrap of plastic and sticker" thing. We are still gonna put miles on it but I do have all that stuff. Keeping original oil filter, etc. Not sure why, just a damn car.

I'm not saying the shaker adds big hp,tho ,it can't help but add some,it,s cold outside air vs hot underhood air,I'm saying the difference in value + desirability is like comparing a gnx to a base regal.
Its mostly "The look",of the shaker, but also the rarity, performance,+ the look + feel when driving it,when it moves seperatly ,from the rest of the hood,everytime you hit the gas or let off,it adds a whole new feeling to the driving experience. also at a show when the hood is open + you see that big hole + the shaker call out. it really stands out,vs an unfinished nothing special power bulge hood.
The original owner of the green car refused to buy the car he had ordered from dodge, three times when they discontinued the shaker 3 times because of production problems,he hated the power bulge + would not want the car with it,when i was collecting cars i can't tell you how many cars i just walked away from or wouldn't consider buying because it just had the base powerbulge,which nobody liked,at least the one on the cuda was somewhat nice looking,but i would walk away from those too,it was shaker or nothing,they were worth soo much more back then + are today,That green car sold for over $200k not too long ago + the red one probably maxed at 85k.
The guy before me had a hard time selling the red one + i finally went + bought it because it was so inexpensive for what it was,+ when i sold it ,i had to sell it cheap,because of the power bulge, + even then i had to take a trade so i could sell it,, as a matter of fact i took a silver tr in trade towards it. If the car had a shaker like the green one I would have had people lining up to buy it + bidding on it like they were on the green one.
Being as rare as they are i would guess you have never even seen a real shaker challenger,other then pics.99.9 % of the population havn't,they started making cheap immitations yrs ago + people were adding them after,which i can understand,but I can guarantee no one ever took off their shaker to add a power bulge. They even redid the power bulge on the new ones,which improved the looks better then the old ones.
Something is wrong here,no true mopar guy would be saying what you are saying it just makes no sense I can only assume you are saying this because you have a large scooped 69 road runner 6-pack hood on your b-body,Am i sensing a bit of e-body envy here? It's the only explanation i can see.
first of all you say no body liked them but its simply not true....if people liked the shaker that much more people would have ordered them. second of all lets not treat the powerbulge like it was a run of the mill thing. it was for performance models. there were plenty of flat hooded 70 challengers running around. the power buldge actaully mean you had something.. to me the skaker looks better on the cuda and was more of a thing associated with cudas,, i think the other hood for the cuda is the one the looks like crap. third, you cant speak in generalities like "any true mopar guy" i certainly dont have any e body envy. There is not just a six BARREL hood on my car its under the hood too. but one of my dream cars is a 70 challenger and i've built the ultimate stock one in my head many times.. 70 challenger R/T 440 six pack, auto, plum crazy, white interior, white side stripe, magnum 500s, super trac pack, T/A style spoiler, flip up gas cap, power bulge hood with the 71 stlye r/t decal on the scoop. i could go for either exhaust (standard or T/A style)