Do not deal with streetside classics in Charlotte or Atlanta

rv_el

This is My streetsideclassics dot comStreetside Classics - Consignment and sales of classic cars, muscle cars, collector cars, street rods, exotics encounter

This is a telling of my encounter with Streetside in Charlotte from first contact to end, in order, in full.

Sunday: I see this (image should be here but i can't post it yet due to forum rules)
87 T Tops, original with close to 60k miles asking 17,995$ for it.

Monday: I call emmediatly. They give me to a guy named Arthur. I talk at length with arthur about the car and everything about it. I expressed my concerns with living a 3 hr drive (one way) away from their housing and that I DO NOT and CAN NOT make the drive for nothing. I expressed that I was very interest. Things htat expressed it was

Cash.. I was bringing a check and had the money. If the car was as good as it seemed i wouldn’t even haggle. i dont haggle (hardly ever) and i always pay right up front.

He told me that the car was “Part of a private collection” end quote. I said “So, this is sale by owner?” He said “N.. no.. no... Private Collected. Theres an R on the website” I think for Registered vendors or something and that these “lots could have up to 30, 40, 60, 100 cars”. Ok, so now i’m under that impression.

I told him i would show up Tuesday mornign 9am to see the car. they open at 9. So i need to leave my place at 6. Then decide on car (most likely a yes from what i saw) and then 3 hrs home to just make it to work in time.. Arthur knows these things, we talked about it.

He says the car needs to be driven to charlotte. That he needs a days notice etc.. because he has to “work around schedules” and all that.

Ok I understand. If the car sells before hand tell me so I dont have to drive down there.

“Wednesday morning. How about you come 9am Wed. morning so they have Tuesday to get the car here”

Tuesday: I sit and wait. I get a call from Arthur. “They couldn’t drive the car here because of the weather. The Rain” He tells me that they couldn’t because of the rain. this means he talked to htem Tuesday. But that they are going to drive it there. He tells me “How about Thursday morning” I say Ok, Thursday. Simple. End of conversation. Same deal, only Thursday. I had to cancel an appointment that the person can charge me for the cancellation.

Wednesday: Beutiful outside... I hear Nothing. So yeah, they must be driving the car over.

Thursday: Nice day out. I get up before they open at like 5:50. I drive in ****ty traffic 3 hours to their spot. I go inside. “Hi, i’m here to see the 87 T Tops... 9am..”

“Oh that car sold”

“WHAT!”

“That was a private seller and he can sell it outside of us. He sold the car... Arthur didnt’ call you yesterday?”

“No. I’ve had my phone wtih me ALL the time checking for calls and messagse. No calls, and nobody left me a message”

“I appologize on the behalf of arthur”

So your thinking. If I was supposed to be dealing with Arthur, that he should be there (along with the car). But he, according to his boss, “Doesn’t work today”. They made sure i kept in contact with Arthur when it came to phone talk. When i would call back they would make sure it was with Arthur under their doing, not mine. And yet here I am.. No Arthur, No Grand National and 3 hours to drive back to work.

i hear

“But we do have a Monte Carlo”

I said “I have to go back to work.”

The guy at the place told me HIS story before I talked about mine. Making me realize that the car was not at some 30-100 car lot that they keep in contact with but probably is for-sale-by owner and I, the buyer, am not in their best interest at all. Only enough to lie to me to keep me hanging... perhaps incase somebody else pulled out. and that person didn’t pull out. or perhaps the seller pulled out and decided to keep it or sell it for more. The car had been sold as he knew Arthur was supposed to call me the day before. They knew for a while. God knows when the car actually sold and that Arthur was stringing me along with lies since monday about how the guy couldn’t drive it there in the rian etc.. etc...

I started to get a real idea for how this place is run. Where the web site looks like a place that has the car on site and tells you that if htey don’t that its an affiliate that they are in contact with.

Arthur could at the very least have called me the day before, or even as I was driving out there to see it. Anything but have me show up and then try to pitch me other cars. Thats disrespectful.

Please do not do business with or through streetsideclassics in Charlotte or Atlanta. If you do, please be sure to get the exact phone number and name of the person WITH THE TITLE. and talk to them only and deal with them only and cut the middle man out. You don’t even know how much of a middle man - one where hte right hand doesn’t know what the other is doing - until you experience it yourself. So this is a warning.

I was very straight and professional on the phone. I laid everything out very very clearly and everything was understood. I believe Arthur did not call and did not show up on Thursday because he realized the consequences of his car salesman bull**** and was afraid I would sock him, since he and I know the full story and deal.

I showed up check in hand ready to finally get me the 87 T Tops of my preference. No haggles no bull****.

I try to tell the facts and they are blocking me as much as they can.

Also I should mention that the irony of this all is that we were so set on the appointment to see the car and it was completely layed out that if the car was sold at any moment I was to be notified - that I actually canceled an appointment I had with somebody else for a completely unrelated matter. I was told "You can be charged 120$ for the late notice" which I said "Was only fair!" I told the receptionist that it was fair for them to charge me for pulling out early.

Streetside said they needed a little time to get the car to their location. I said ok. And we agreed on a time. And I made it clear that if the car sold (pulling out of the appointment) That i was to be TOLD. HE knows that i'm NOT going down there to browse around. I had to get up really early and (he knew this) check out and most likely buy the car, then get back to work IMMEDIATELY after deciding on the car.

What did i get.. 120$? Nope. a "sorry" from the guy who told me a different story that what was happening with the original seller, Arthur. I Still have no apology from Arthur. They couldn't give a ****.

Your calling on a T with 60k for $18,000 dollars and you come here to tell us about it after 4 posts :rolleyes:

BTW I know where there is a 1 owner 50k mile WE4 I can sell for the same $$$ if you would like :biggrin:

I have a 87 GN with 43k miles and is a hardtop that is really a nice car I will sell for 20k. I will even deliver it to you door,no shipping fees!!

I have a 87 GN with 43k miles and is a hardtop that is really a nice car I will sell for 20k. I will even deliver it to you door,no shipping fees!!

There was one locally just like that for 16.5k that I just missed. Delivery included. Sucks i missed it.

But like yours, no T-Tops! What fun is that!
Sunny day driver. Rippin around lookin like an 80's coke fiend with my shades on and big ass mustache.

I'll be sure to share pics of me havin' a blast when I finally get it.

There was one locally just like that for 16.5k that I just missed. Delivery included. Sucks i missed it.
Rippin around lookin like an 80's coke fiend with my shades on and big ass mustache.

I'll be sure to share pics of me havin' a blast when I finally get it.

Grow a mullet too. :cool: