Do I need new rear Shocks for Moog 5413?

Harleyreb1

I'm lowering my car with front moog 5658 and rear 5413s, do i need new shocks(lower in size) I've been looking on here and some say the rear springs can fall out? Any advice? thanks

You dont need new rear shocks. The rear springs wont fall out either. The problem people have is that when you jack the rear of the car up and let the diff hang, the springs slide off the perch. You can go to the parts store and size up some shorter shocks if you want, but, theres a lot of us running them with stock length shocks too.

I'm lowering my car with front moog 5658 and rear 5413s, do i need new shocks(lower in size) I've been looking on here and some say the rear springs can fall out? Any advice? thanks
i was tired of seeing those springs pop out and each time had to get underneath to center them up.
i went with at set of BellTech Nitro Drop 8512 .... see Summit link....no more springs popping out an decent shocks.
Belltech Sport Trucks 8512 - Belltech Sport Trucks Nitro Drop 2 Shocks - Overview - SummitRacing.com

How often do you guys lift your cars? I have 5413's in my daily driver and have had to reset the springs a couple of times?? You take the time to jack the car up, you can take the time to lower the car down and re-center the springs cant you? I just dont understand what the big deal is about it. Oh, and factory shocks........... no need to change

How often do you guys lift your cars? I have 5413's in my daily driver and have had to reset the springs a couple of times?? You take the time to jack the car up, you can take the time to lower the car down and re-center the springs cant you? I just dont understand what the big deal is about it. Oh, and factory shocks........... no need to change

100% agree! Some people worry way too much!