Do I need a new transmission?

pmesfun

Hello,

I am replacing the output shaft seal and noticed play in the output shaft.

Please see the video and tell me what you think. There isn't much in and out play, but side to side there is. The car has 109K miles and about 60 mph+ there is vibration.

Thank you

Completely normal for the shaft to wiggle with no yoke installed. If the bushing looks ok then it's not your problem.

Completely normal for the shaft to wiggle with no yoke installed. If the bushing looks ok then it's not your problem.

Thank you, the bushing looked good and after reinstalling the drive shaft there is zero play.

The yoke rides that bushing and holds the output shaft. If it is shifting well and the fluid is nice color and doesn't smell burned you should be good.

I have another transmission related question. When ever I got full WOT once I read around 60 mph in second gear there is a pop sound from what I believe to be the transmission area and stops accelerating. At anything less than WOT, like 75% is doesn't make the pop and accelerates. I'm just speculating but I think it is probably the torque converter but I attached another video if someone can tell from the sound alone. I'm local to JL Enterprises so I plan to contact him to check it out and the rest of the car but I w as just wondering.