Do I need a boost controller ......help,

fastblackcar

Never Finished!!
do i need a boost controller, like rjc ? i understand the basics of a boost controller i think, it waits until the desired amount is ready.... then lets it go, why would you want all the boost at once, it seems like a little at a time would be easier to manage, would i benifit at this point? , maybe my turbo doest need 1, minimal turbo lag now,the only other thing i will do is add alky, this year. I read the rjc is a desired one, please advise

IMO, the biggest advantage an electrical boost controller offers is ease of adjusting the boost from inside the car, and on the fly tuneability. Keeping the wastegate flapper valve shut for as long as possible will help the turbo spool up quicker. This is one of the features of almost every type of boost controller, whether it be mechanical or electrical. For the money, I personally like manual boost controllers, like the one that RJC sells.

BoostC

FWIW, I have a manual boost controller on my EVO which has a stock non adjustable wastegate actuator and have the capability of tuning the boost anywhere I want it. (stock 21psi all the way up to 30 if I wanted) I have the same valve on my Merkur XR4TI with the exact same results. I will be installing one of RJCs boost controllers on my T here very soon. Most electrical boost controllers run anywhere from $150-$650 depending on who's you go with. I would much rather keep from routing anymore wires or hoses into the car than absolutely necessary and keep the boost control valve under the hood, but that's just me. There comes a point when adjusting the actuator that it becomes the week link in adjustability.

HTH

Patrick

I agree with Patrick.

I use the RJC on all my turbo cars. Adjustment is quick and boost is steady. It's cheap and not many moving parts or things to go wrong with it.

I might have a problem with my Camaro using the RJC. Boost might come on too fast and i'll loose traction. It's somthing I'm going to need to play with.
OR have two on a switchable system One for low boost (launch) and one for high boost once traction is possible..
I think the car will hook but I've never had a trans brake in this car.
It was leaving the line on the foot brake with 6psi and going 1.48's
Which makes me wonder what 10-15 on the transbrake's going to do:eek:
Guess we'll find out soon :)

Give RJC a call..RJC Racing the leaders in inovative Buick performance
~Scott