Do i have enough fuel to run E85

This thread has become pretty interesting....does someone have a set of Mike Moran 220s Billet Atomizers they can sell me...I'm looking to go 10.80s and have the ultimate in drivability....

Sent from my HTC One using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Good call .. then you can look at your power logger and keep that DC down in the acceptable 10-20% range ... bet those suckers Idle and drive smooth as SILK ... much better than the shitty idling 80's guys are running .. heard the idle quality / driveablity is terrible with them :)

No offense .. but your still looking at SOFTWARE for your tuning

What were you using 25 years ago before XFI's and widebands were available at the local 711

... and with E85 it would take a CATASTROPHIC tuning F UP to unload a head gasket...

your using DC to fuel your car ... not your BIG FUEL SYSTEM

25 years ago I was 12 and riding my bmx bike

Tell me where I made my mistake then?!
I'd love the help (I'm not being sarcastic! I'm serious and open to opinions)
I'd love to not have to buy bigger injectors saves me $$$ P8210440.JPG

Attachments

• P8210443.JPG
    P8210443.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 147
  • P8210444.JPG
    P8210444.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 149
  • P8210445.JPG
    P8210445.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 158
Im not looking for shitty drivability but I am looking for 10.80's no matter what the cost. If that means 10% injector duty cycle and $1500 dollars in injectors Im willing to make it happen....it's just money......that way if I suddenly want to turn the car up and crack off a 7.70 pass at 187mph I can have the best of both worlds......I'm starting to think I need to be a distributor of Mike Moran injectors along with other brands.....this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to get rich quick....

Thanks for contributing with you vast knowledge...
p.s. wouldn't you need a modded ecm for those LOL

Im not looking for shitty drivability but I am looking for 10.80's no matter what the cost. If that means 10% injector duty cycle and $1500 dollars in injectors Im willing to make it happen....it's just money......that way if I suddenly want to turn the car up and crack off a 7.70 pass at 187mph I can have the best of both worlds......I'm starting to think I need to be a distributor of Mike Moran injectors along with other brands.....this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to get rich quick....

I am posting in another thread on E85 in the Trans Am Tech area ... I think you should expand your line up to include twin 1000lph methanol pumps .. you gotta have that as well to crack 10.80s and eventually when you turn the boost up on your 120mm...

I guess different approaches to the same goal ... its nothing new .. just think back to dual quads.. 4.56 gears.. 12:1 compression 110 octane open headers 400+ cubic inch motors.. ohh well

I don't post on here much anymore. Been using E85 for a while....
I was coached by Gabby Rojas for E85 and TRs the last few years.
I had E85 and TR help from TurboCliff (rip), and Kevin B as well.

I've used E85 with 75's 80's 83's and 160's
Stock motors, ported iron head, aluminum head motors.
6262,6680, and 7080 turbos.

To argue with Kip, NorthernGN and Krom is really a waste of time.
They have been "fast" for quite some time. I respect and side with them.
What I see here is a bunch of speculation, keyboard racing, bull$hiting.

So can it be done? 10.50@130 plus on E85 with only 80% injectors for fuel....
It depends. How much does the TR weigh?
That is a very important factor and it would take a featherweight TR to get the above done.
What weather?
Not a car like the OP's car.

Try it with a full weight TR, in the 1/4 and expect a broken engine!
So I say NO!

Forget what you ran in the 1/8 meaning it will run that in the 1/4......DO IT!!
10.80 is not 10.50. Its not an easy jump from a car being Pushed to go 10.80 to knock off 3/10 and go 10.50.

You wouldn't buy a 10.50 car for it's 1/4 mile performance if the owner could only provide the 1/8th mile times.
Unless the owner could prove the car was built to, and had the components to run 9.90's.
Even then, I want to see it back to back, and not with a tune on the verge of destruction.

(y) Weight is a very important factor on engine load!
My pig is 3630...In the class I race I can be as light as 3100!!!
Man then I wouldn't be talking 10's anymore at the same power level...just cant find where I'm willing to lose the weight...a/c steel bumpers ect ect
Big fan of Gabbie's accomplishments here too!
And yes. it is sad how fast a thread goes south once there is a difference of opinions
This one isn't worth a shit anymore...
I'm out...:meh:

If everyone had focused on what the real question was instead of focusing on responses by other members we would have never gotten here...the question was can E85 on 80lb injectors take a car to 10.80s...the question was answered with a yes...by two members....it's easy to disagree with someone that has done something you haven't until you see it done....enough said

Sent from my HTC One using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Nak, I think what Jaz said holds some weight. Until it runs the 1/4 it a guessimation. I know this year my 1/4 mile times were not NEAR what my 1/8 times were. Who was the other??

His question was answered in the first post. All the coulda, woulda, shoulda crap cluttered the thread.
Do the simple math, E-85 requires at least 30% more fuel. That would put him at 100%+. Why would one want to run a car that way, especially these TR's
Then what TR owner stops at 11.50 11.0. or 10.80.
We all want to go a little faster on the next pass....buy accordingly!

There are still members on this board that care about your goal, budget, and help fellow members.
Then... you have those that poke fun, could care less, or love see and laugh the carnage threads.
I have never seen the humor in money down the drain. (a misguided TR owner)
It bothers me a bit to be honest which is why I post here.

Well darn someone tell Eric to stop lying with his advertisements on his 80lb injector and chip combos for E85 then.... I sure wont as ive seen it and i know its true lol If you dont want to believe us that have seen this done and done it and it takes a familiar name from someone in the VERY small buick community for you to believe it then there ya go. Eric has done more for this community by far then anyone ive heard get name dropped to try and back there posts up yet!

This has went full retard and u never go full retard.... SO Im out... You all have fun arguing. I should have listened to another VERY respected name in this small community that warned me about this on these forums... I tried to help and all it came to was twisting #s around, People speculating about others SPECULATING, people trying to prove each other wrong etc.... Like a bunch of immature grade school kids arguing trying to prove each other wrong lol. The answer is simple and was answered many many post ago as Nakamichiman stated. Which was can 80s go 10.80s on E85... and YES, YES THEY CAN!! No one said will they have X% duty left etc...

His question was answered in the first post. All the coulda, woulda, shoulda crap cluttered the thread.
Do the simple math, E-85 requires at least 30% more fuel. That would put him at 100%+. Why would one want to run a car that way, especially these TR's
Then what TR owner stops at 11.50 11.0. or 10.80.
We all want to go a little faster on the next pass....buy accordingly!

There are still members on this board that care about your goal, budget, and help fellow members.
Then... you have those that poke fun, could care less, or love see and laugh the carnage threads.
I have never seen the humor in money down the drain. (a misguided TR owner)
It bothers me a bit to be honest which is why I post here.

Put him in 120's and based on what you said above and you will be adding the CARNAGE much faster

What are you basing your 100% on ! 80's will get him his times PERIOD !
HE asked if he had enough fuel to run E85 ... simple YES he does ... PERIOD !

Now if you want to make the point .. does he have fuel for 9's or have enough fuel to sit on 35% DC or that he has enough fuel to run 45 psi at the rail or run the car WOT for 2 miles .. that's different.

You know damn well as I do that you can run a TR in his ET zone on 80's and NEVER hurt a damn thing.. just as easily as you can hurt it running a second slower..
You bring up Full weight TR.. assuming you mean a REAL street car .. can you honestly tell me the driveability / street manners of a 120 is even close to 80's?

Why not put him into a 160 ? .. plan ahead right.. or a 70 series turbo .. might as well plan ahead.. WHY ? He has a GREAT setup parts wise ALREADY and would have a 10 second street car
that has excellent street manners and will perform for 99 % of the driving he will do!

You speak of money down the drain... HE ALREADY HAS THE 80's and can just retune swap chips... if he gets more serious he will have to do a lot more than just 120's !!!
YEAH give it 120's and fuel lines and let it eat ... Sure .. then pickup the pieces ... its a stock short block motor chief it wont hold that its not a girdled forged bottom
Sometimes you gotta save people from themselves

Last edited:
Put him in 120's and based on what you said above and you will be adding the CARNAGE much faster

What are you basing your 100% on ! 80's will get him his times PERIOD !
HE asked if he had enough fuel to run E85 ... simple YES he does ... PERIOD !

Now if you want to make the point .. does he have fuel for 9's or have enough fuel to sit on 35% DC or that he has enough fuel to run 45 psi at the rail or run the car WOT for 2 miles .. that's different.

You know damn well as I do that you can run a TR in his ET zone on 80's and NEVER hurt a damn thing.. just as easily as you can hurt it running a second slower..
You bring up Full weight TR.. assuming you mean a REAL street car .. can you honestly tell me the driveability / street manners of a 120 is even close to 80's?

Why not put him into a 160 ? .. plan ahead right.. or a 70 series turbo .. might as well plan ahead.. WHY ? He has a GREAT setup parts wise ALREADY and would have a 10 second street car
that has excellent street manners and will perform.

You speak of money down the drain... HE ALREADY HAS THE 80's and can just retune swap chips... if he gets more serious he will have to do a lot more than just 120's !!!
YEAH give it 120's and fuel lines and let it eat ... Sure .. then pickup the pieces ... its a stock short block motor chief it wont hold that its not a girdled forged bottom
Sometimes you gotta save people from themselves

Yes i know i said i was done but i couldnt help but to come back and tell you to stop speaking the truth and making sense here... People dont wanna hear the truth or facts!!

Yes i know i said i was done but i couldnt help but to come back and tell you to stop speaking the truth and making sense here... People dont wanna hear the truth or facts!!

This will be my last post on this topic ...

I will leave the OP with this .... whatever you decide to do ... injector wise or fuel system wise ... change your filter after you make the switch to E85 ... TWICE !
E85 will bring out a lot of crud that was built up inside...

I'm sure you will be glad you made the switch

Let's us know your progress....either way you will be learning.

Turbo89 started the 10.50@130 stuff. which is where it snowballed.
Blevins is stating what "should" happen in the 1/4 based on the 1/8th.
I see most Buicks break AFTER the 1/8th.

I deal with Eric for all my chips, as well as my friends chips.

Seems like you two are pissed now because we didn't by into your logic.
Now you can insult us by saying we are acting like kids, and whatever else.

See you both at the Buick events.
I look forward to seeing the 10.50 and 130+ timeslips with only 80's.
.....Or I'll steer it while you winch/push it on to the trailer after failed attempts.:banghead:

Poop and Glitter

I'm not upset I'm actually impressed by the whole outcome and the direction that was chosen. Apparently the original poster did his research and made a choice.....