DMH Exhaust cutout

1 quik6

For christmas this year I talked my wife into buying an electic exhaust cutout for my TTA. She went to place the order online last night and the order form requires her to enter the lenght of wire requested???:confused: Anybody know? Also any help with how to hook it up and mount the switch would be helpful. I'm sure it will come with some sort of instructions but typically they make things more complicated.

Cant wait for spring!!;) :D

Thanks!

Depends on where you run it. I have used the QTP cutouts( 3 of them). They're all the same length. I just hide the extra wire coiled up under the shift plate. If I had to suggest one 12 ft would be more than enough to route it properly and have much to spare.......

Depends on where you run it. I have used the QTP cutouts( 3 of them). They're all the same length. I just hide the extra wire coiled up under the shift plate. If I had to suggest one 12 ft would be more than enough to route it properly and have much to spare.......

O-boy, now you opened a new can of worms. Which is better the DHM or the QTP cutouts? :confused: I have always heard more about the DHM so I had assumed they were the best. Is that true? I see the QTP is a little cheaper. Where is everyone hiding the switch. I had to put an aftermarket boostgauge to watch my increased boost but other than that my interior looks bone stock right now. I'd kindof like to keep it that way.

I haven't used the dmh so i cannot give you an opinion on it. I've used the QTP cutout 3 times in the past. The only thing is the cutout itself is a little thin. If you hold the switch too long it will bend slightly then leak. I have never had any hiccups when operating them in any way. They've always operated when I hit the switch....

here's a pic of mine mounted(in red)

The blure area on the other side is where I mounted the others I've used.

HTH!

Attachments

• TTA 1240 02555.JPG
    TTA 1240 02555.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 1,425
I got mine from buickgn.com 4 years ago. Opened and closed many times.

electricCutout.jpg

The button, in the middle of the window buttons

cutou_button_89_turbo_Trans.jpg