direct scan

Raymond Jimenez

so im on budget on my t-type and well im planning on gettting my hands on a old school direct scan question is i read that its for 86-87 years i have a 85 will i be able to run direct scan on it

so im on budget on my t-type and well im planning on gettting my hands on a old school direct scan question is i read that its for 86-87 years i have a 85 will i be able to run direct scan on it
No. Right from his website:
DirectScan is the premier scan tool for 1986-1987 Buick Turbo Regals. Engineered specifically for these vehicles and others utilizing the '86-'87 Turbo Regal ECM and drive train

Yes, assuming you do the other sensors too. I can probably donate my Direct Scan to your cause if you like. You also need a laptop that can boot into DOS, like Windows 98.

Yes to the above. In addition to finding a laptop NO NEWER than WIN98SE, the laptop also needs to have a parallel printer port, which is what Direct Scan plugs into.

I bought a used laptop with DS loaded on it off this site, so definitely look here first! Good luck!

Have a complete Direct Scan. Make me an offer. Also have a complete SMC alky dual nozzle setup, Needs a new pump and the low alky float tinkered with. Pkg deal real cheap.

How is direct scan?

Do you need a wide band?

What can you tune with it?

I would say Direct Scan will do just about anything Powerlogger will do unless you are a SERIOUS racer but then you would be using a FAST system. I would still use it instead of powerlogger IF I still had an older laptop. It will not run on Windows editions past I believe XP. You do NOT have to have a wideband. It is great but basically won't run on my new laptop. I have the original box, instructions, cables and a chip for 55 lb injectors. CHEAP.

Actually I don't even think it will run on anything newer than win98. So tread carefully.

Posted to TurboBuick.com from my RAZR MAXX HD

My Direct Scan worked on Windows ME

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I can't see using Direct Scan given the old software it needs Seems like a major hassle

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app