direct port and truck mounted cell

qikazel1

I am looking at possibly adding an alchy set up to a new car I am in the process of purchasing. I have had Alchycontrol on both of my previous cars. If I want to put a small 5 gallon tank in the trunk to increase capacity, can the same pump handle the increased travel? This particular car is a stage II car that I am trying to set up more for the street.

I am looking at possibly adding an alchy set up to a new car I am in the process of purchasing. I have had Alchycontrol on both of my previous cars. If I want to put a small 5 gallon tank in the trunk to increase capacity, can the same pump handle the increased travel? This particular car is a stage II car that I am trying to set up more for the street.

I have a dual nozzle on my stage motor. I have a 3 gallon cell in the trunk and the pump is mounted below. I tried to explain to Jack Cotton what I was going to do over the phone, and he said just to call Julio Don and he'll set you up.

So I did. He set me up with everything but the tubing. Works great. You don't need a 5 gallon cell. 3 is enough, unless you plan on living at WOT. You may be able to see my set-up in these pics. Look on the firewall, just above the passengers side downpipe. I put the supplied check valve and filter under a chrome cover and built a little distribution manifold with a gauge port.

Picture 014.jpg
Picture 012.jpg

I have a stock looking setup with Razor's kit and a 3 gallon tank in the trunk. Works flawlessly. NY TT has an awesome setup, mine is no where close, but my 3 gallon tank in the trunk is nice. I mounted the pump in the spare tire well and used a 14' braided line to run to a filter/check valve and the line from the regular kit to run to the up pipe from the filter/checkvalve.

My Mustang runs a 4 gallon cell.. no problem pushing 30 GPH worth of nozzle

You just need to come to terms with what cell and where. Call me on this. Its way to hard to do over public forums

Julio

Do you have some kind of pressure valve installed in it?

Do you mean a one-way-check? No. Just a tube with a filter on the bottom. If I'm not mistaken, I think the filter was supplied with the kit. It may have been installed on the cell and I put it at the end of the tube. Don't remember.

I was thinking a release valve. Like is on a hot water heater. Not sure the technical name. I know meth absorbs water rather quickly and needs to be stored air tight, that's why I was asking. I really like that setup.

I was thinking a release valve. Like is on a hot water heater. Not sure the technical name. I know meth absorbs water rather quickly and needs to be stored air tight, that's why I was asking. I really like that setup.

You need a vent. No way to get around that. You have to let air in and out. Doesn't the inner fender mounted reservoir supplied with Razor's standard kit also have a vent?

The cap on the tank is vented.
On the factory tank yes.
On the cell, you need a vent to allow air in. Meth doesnt go bad that fast. If it picked up a little moisture its not going to hurt anything.

I was told by my methanol source (who physically formulates the methanol I use for Sunoco) to keep both my 5 gal jugs sealed tight because it absorbs water quickly. Wondering if an open vent like that would, over time, absorb water. I get it needs to be vented but it seemed like Razors tank had a unique cap on it and I assumed it was for this reason. No?

Last edited:
I was told by my methanol source (who physically formulates the methanol I use for Sunoco) to keep both my 5 gal jugs sealed tight because it absorbs water quickly. Wondering if an open vent like that would, over time, absorb water. I get it needs to be vented but it seemed like Razors tank had a unique cap on it and I assumed it was for this reason. No?

No. It's a coolant factory reservoir. It has a factory type vent cap on it. Doesn't it?

How much water can it absorb? Hell, every other alky system manufacturer reccomends a 50/50 mix. Not Razor. So can 5%, maybe 10% absorption be THAT bad.

If your tune is that close, then watch out Cal. There's a new guy on the bock.:D

All kidding aside, it shouldn't matter much.:)

No. It's a coolant factory reservoir. It has a factory type vent cap on it. Doesn't it?

How much water can it absorb? Hell, every other alky system manufacturer reccomends a 50/50 mix. Not Razor. So can 5%, maybe 10% absorption be THAT bad.

If your tune is that close, then watch out Cal. There's a new guy on the bock.:D

All kidding aside, it shouldn't matter much.:)
Nope. He uses a different cap for it.

I was just curious in general. I'm actually gonna give him a call real quick. I'll post what he tells me