Dipstick Rising

You should look into a pcv catch can system because no matter what you do oil will be sucked into the intake. Get a good inline check valve too for the pcv. Go to a hydaulic hose place and ask for a low pressure 1/4" npt check valve with hose barb fittings

X2 just make sure it has a 0-1 psi crack pressure.

Sorry for being away so long but I have not had time to work on the car because of basketball with my girls. The season has ended now and I will soon start back.

Thanks to everyone, Rick

I may be going with an accumulator system soon, I had this same problem after my new motor went in and the kirban pcv is in and it still smokes and pukes out of the dipstick and breather.

My rings are gapped pretty good though, plan on running quite a bit of air through this thing.

I would also test/check the turbo for excessive leakage past the shaft seal, whether it uses the dynamic(ring) or carbon(face) seal, I have seen a lot of people chase blow-by/head gasket leaks for this reason that is seldom considered.
Good luck,

Kevin.

Attachments

• Assem1.jpg
    Assem1.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 480
Thanks for the replies. I was reading a link on an above post and the fellow was talking about having heads cut but not the intake. I talked to the guy that built the engine and the heads have been cut twice and the block was cut as well. He says it is around .035 that has been taken away but the intake is still stock. Does anyone think this could cause the problems I'm having? If so, would it be noticable outside the engine? Another thing is that it ONLY pushes oil out of drivers side. No oil has been pushed out of the passenger side breather. Does this mean anything?

Thanks to everyone,

Rick

Thanks for the replies. I was reading a link on an above post and the fellow was talking about having heads cut but not the intake. I talked to the guy that built the engine and the heads have been cut twice and the block was cut as well. He says it is around .035 that has been taken away but the intake is still stock. Does anyone think this could cause the problems I'm having? If so, would it be noticable outside the engine? Another thing is that it ONLY pushes oil out of drivers side. No oil has been pushed out of the passenger side breather. Does this mean anything?

Thanks to everyone,

Rick

May have raised the compression ratio but doubt it has anything to do with the excessive crankcase pressure. Try the new pcv for a TR and report back.

Here's the first pic. The hole has a 2° pitch so oil runs back.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 351
The fuel block off plate vent is done.

I should have machined the hole at a 10° pitch. Once the tie down strap was installed there's no pitch.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 269
  • untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 247
I like that idea....use the plate where a mechanical fuel pump would mount... drill it, tap it, install plug, hose, filter, tie downs, done.

Chuck