Digital LED Tailights for the TR

I just saw a 3rd high brake light led in a late 90s chevy caprice that looked like a perfect match for a gn- don't know if its factory or aftermarket.

The fronts may not make it!! :frown: Just WAY too much trouble for the small boards to go in there. Scot W.

Cmon, we have nothing but time. Do a poll and see what kind of interest there is. Those would really make our cars stand out IMO.

The 3rd brake light should be a nice compliment for the rears.

I replaced my high brake light with a 97 Caddy SLS brake light - looks great with the LED tails.

led lights waiting

yes scottw i am waitin on my led tail lights you promised with the miller lite logo flashing lol just seein if you are awake

yes scottw i am waitin on my led tail lights you promised with the miller lite logo flashing lol just seein if you are awake
LOL That flashing Miller Lite logo is that beer sign in your garage! Spend less time out there and that image won't be in your dreams at night!! :biggrin:
Just seeing if Your awake!! ;)

Scot W.

having a problem trying to order through your website, will not link to paypal. what "pay to" address do I need to use?

Not too happy with my install so far. Was torn on whether to cut into the stock harness or not. Decided not to and using the supplied wiring made up my own harness. All colors were connected together and were soldered and then heat shrunk. Ran all the wiring in a split conduit and ran it parallel to the stock harness. I ran the 5 wires into the lower left part of the trunk just above the stock harness plug and made my connections inside the trunk.

Changed the flasher unit to the no load one.

I decided to test the system before buttoning up the tailights so just set the lenses on the rear bumper fillers on towels to make sure everything was OK. Got to the last connector and see that the wire colors were in the wrong terminals as assembled by Spaghetti on one connector. No biggie, corrected that.

Hooked up the battery and proceeded to test. Right and left signal OK, Brake lights OK, brakes OK, hazard lights OK, THEN, and I know some others have had this problem, I turn on the running lights. Running lights are OK,
brakes are OK, left signal OK, right signal NO BLINKING! I do see that when the signal light is first turned on I get one flash and then it just stays solid. Remember, this is for the right light only, the left flashes fine and the problem is ONLY when the running lights are on.

Also, notice that the hazard lights do not flash at all when the running lights are on.

Where to start?? Not too concerned about the hazards not working at night, though they SHOULD work then but definetly need to have the right signal working.

Not too happy with my install so far. Was torn on whether to cut into the stock harness or not. Decided not to and using the supplied wiring made up my own harness. All colors were connected together and were soldered and then heat shrunk. Ran all the wiring in a split conduit and ran it parallel to the stock harness. I ran the 5 wires into the lower left part of the trunk just above the stock harness plug and made my connections inside the trunk.

I decided to test the system before buttoning up the tailights so just set the lenses on the rear bumper fillers on towels to make sure everything was OK. Got to the last connector and see that the wire colors were in the wrong terminals as assembled by Spaghetti on one connector. No biggie, corrected that.

Hooked up the battery and proceeded to test. Right and left signal OK, Brake lights OK, brakes OK, hazard lights OK, THEN, and I know some others have had this problem, I turn on the running lights. Running lights are OK,
brakes are OK, left signal OK, right signal NO BLINKING! I do see that when the signal light is first turned on I get one flash and then it just stays solid. Remember, this is for the right light only, the left flashes fine and the problem is ONLY when the running lights are on.

Also, notice that the hazard lights do not flash at all when the running lights are on.

Where to start?? Not too concerned about the hazards not working at night, though they SHOULD work then but definetly need to have the right signal working.

im in the same boat!

Silver Fox,

From outside, the SLS hi brake light looks like a good match for the digitails
From inside, I had the package shelf professionaly done ($40) & it only sticke up about 1" higher than original.

Okay let me first start with this: Oner beware of installation problem when you have mods like (Volt boosters, HID head lights, or ANYTHING that alters or adds to the electrical system IT CAN ALTER THE LOAD ON THE SYSTEM AND CAUSE PROBLEMS FOR THE LED's!!!
LED's ARE VERY LOAD SENSITIVE!!
Now if all the lights WORK FINE WITHOUT the running lights on, and DO NOT work properly with the running lights on That only means it's a load issue! Check connections, grounds and so forth! Because with the lights off you already established that the LED lights & boards work properly!

Now the right turn signal seams to not work properly WITH THE LIGHTS ON that is simply due a connection issue somewhere..

I am doing an install right now as I type this and the lights are working just fine!

ANYONE THAT HAS ANY PROBLEMS, CONTACT ME or SPAGHETTI ENGINEERING AND WE WILL GET YOU SETTLED AND FIXED!!

Scot W.

all of the above
leprcon - If you or any other customer is having problems I'm just a phone call away!! :)

It's hard sometimes to see or pinpoint a problem from the computer..

Scot W.

Contact hours: 9:00 to 5:00 Mon-Fri
(865) 680-4008

Hope we can get some help because I want to put my car back together!!
What do you mean by this? Mark you have my phone number and you haven't called at all yet to let me know your even having any issues! :confused:

With over 300 posts in this thread iv'e ALWAYS been right here to help ANYONE and have done everything possible to see that there issues with there installation have been taken care of..

Spaghetti engineering & I are both here to help! Just give either of us a call and you will be taken care of!!

Scot W.

As some of you know already, I sold my GN before I could due a complete install with the finished product. Some people here wanted to see a comparison between the LED & Stock so I temporally hooked up the left side with LED and kept the right side stock and that was done just before I sold my car.

Since then I have done the LED kit on several TR's without a single problem. (Others here have too!).

I just finished doing my third install on my new car and I followed the re-vised instructions as a guide line to see how they worked from the customers stand point and everything worked as it's supposed to! the first time I tested them I had NO ISSUES! NOTE: I do not have anything that modifys the electrical system! whether or not it makes a differance or not (hasn't been guarenteed yet) but I can tell you LED's are VERY load sensitive and the possibility of those electrical items could be screwing with them.

I took some pic's of the wire routing behind the bumper fillers and under the car for future referance.

PS: On a positive note, To date we have solved every single customers issue that has contacted Me or Spaghetti engineering! This means we have a 100% success rate!! :)

Scot W.