Digital LED Tailights for the TR

Scott,

I have hot checked the lights. The brake lights & the running lights & the hazard flashers appear to work correctly.

:confused: The turn signals, right or left act like hazard flashers. No right or left, only all of the lights flash.

I wired per the wiring diagram & wonder why the green lead is hooked up on both sides & the yellow lead is hooked up also on both sides. Is the wiring diagram correct?

Roger:confused:
Roger, Did you purchase ONE flasher or TWO?

If you have ONE flasher- It MUST replace the OEM flasher that is located Under the steering column!! and NOT ON THE FUSE PANEL!!

If you have TWO flashers- You can replace both the OEM flashers located Under the steering column & The one located on the fuse box.

"ONLY ALL OF THE LIGHTS FLASH" ??? If you can, Please go over all of your connections again because it is something really simple that isn't hooked up correctly or that LED flasher is in the hazard spot instead of the turn signal spot. Either way, It is something to do with the install..

Roger give me a call tomarow and I will help you fix this issue..

Scot W.
(865) 680-4008

Scot- we need to get spagetti engineering to do a front parking lense sequential turn signals to match the rears -i hope you re working on it. Thanks for all your efforts in acheiving this.

Scot- we need to get spagetti engineering to do a front parking lense sequential turn signals to match the rears -i hope you re working on it. Thanks for all your efforts in acheiving this.
Thank you!

Yes i'm working on the fronts now. I bought a test car and the only problem is going to be that the front lights are moulded. So needless to say they are going to have to be cut open to have the boards installed then they have to be sealed up very good to keep out water.

As of now it's looking like it may be more work & hassle than it would be worth. I'm not sure people are going to want to cut there front marker lights open and have to seal them up just to do this install.

The only other option would be that - I cut them open, Install the boards, and seal them back up for the customers. But now your adding the cost of that labor onto the price of the "front kit" and were back to square one on the " It may be more work than it's worth". It would be ALOT of responseability on my part just for two turn signals.

It would be great if a company made the TR front bezles in a two peice design! :) That would solve everything!

Scot W.

Thank you!

Yes i'm working on the fronts now. I bought a test car and the only problem is going to be that the front lights are moulded. So needless to say they are going to have to be cut open to have the boards installed then they have to be sealed up very good to keep out water.

As of now it's looking like it may be more work & hassle than it would be worth. I'm not sure people are going to want to cut there front marker lights open and have to seal them up just to do this install.

The only other option would be that - I cut them open, Install the boards, and seal them back up for the customers. But now your adding the cost of that labor onto the price of the "front kit" and were back to square one on the " It may be more work than it's worth". It would be ALOT of responseability on my part just for two turn signals.

It would be great if a company made the TR front bezles in a two peice design! :) That would solve everything!

Scot W.

Still waiting on that email! mhueffman@yahoo.com :D

Still waiting on that email! mhueffman@yahoo.com :D
MARK just call me! I replyed TWICE to both the e-mails that you sent me! I have no trouble with sending e-mails to anyone else. Seeing that your having troubles reciveing e-mails I was going to give you a call but you don't have a number listed on your site for anyone to contact you. :)

Scot W.
(865)-680-4008

Thanks for calling mark! Your taillights will be sent out today and I will contact you regaurding your tracking number.

Thank you!
Scot W.
Mark Hueffman your LED taillights went out today! I went to send you a PM with your USPS tracking number but you don't recive PM's?

Well I sent you another E-mail, Hope the third time's a charm!..

Thank you!
Scot W.

They're installed & properly working.

Unfortunately, I had to give Spaghetti a call to verify the yellow & green wires had to run to both sides. The boards have a chip on them which makes the lights work properly. One of my boards had a manufacturing defect of the kind that would pass a quality inspection. I was able to make it correct in less than 5 minutes.

I had opportunity to do the major install with the bumper & fillers removed & only had to pull 1 wire after I reinstalled them. With them removed, you have ample working room & it is easy to make the wiring look factory. With them removed, chances of not scratching the fillers is MUCH improved. It may seem like a lot of extra work to remove them, however, in the overall process, removing them saves time & frustration.

They're installed & properly working.

Unfortunately, I had to give Spaghetti a call to verify the yellow & green wires had to run to both sides. The boards have a chip on them which makes the lights work properly. One of my boards had a manufacturing defect of the kind that would pass a quality inspection. I was able to make it correct in less than 5 minutes.

I had opportunity to do the major install with the bumper & fillers removed & only had to pull 1 wire after I reinstalled them. With them removed, you have ample working room & it is easy to make the wiring look factory. With them removed, chances of not scratching the fillers is MUCH improved. It may seem like a lot of extra work to remove them, however, in the overall process, removing them saves time & frustration.
Roger i'm glad we could help to get you squared away and on the road with your new taillights.

Scot W.

I have read alot about these, are they plug and play yet? I mean are most of the small bugs worked out?I want to install over this winter.

Thanks
Coach

I have read alot about these, are they plug and play yet? I mean are most of the small bugs worked out?I want to install over this winter.

Thanks
Coach
Sorry, They are not "Plug N play"! ( We got as close to it as we could) The main reason for that is solely due to making a very good connection for the LED's. Thats the only reason! LED's are VERY LOAD SENSITIVE and require a VERY good connection & ground.

The small bugs were mostly revisions to the instructions! Most of the other stuff was related to the customers wiring hook up. There was also a confusion of what the lights were supposed to look like once correctly installed. Video's now show the correct operation of these so you can see how they are supposed to work once installed correctly. Also the kit's now include the No-load flasher that is needed.

After these changes were done to the kits, There has been ALOT less confusion and after more than 40 kits sold there is only a few that trickle in with some issues and those are usually due to hook up issues and we work together to solve them for you and get you back on the road.

Scot W.

Thank you Scot, I will be in touch. Will you be in Columbus by any chance in Aug?
Thanks
Coach

I finally drove the car at night - wow, I now see light on the road behind me.

I see a small print in the instructions, concerning legal issues. I havn't had a chance to persue that issue yet. They would be legal if not set on sequential in all 50 states, however I need clarification on sequential. Anybody have any input on the legal issue?

I finally drove the car at night - wow, I now see light on the road behind me...Anybody have any input on the legal issue?

Asking for legal advice on a internet board is a risky proposition IMO :wink:

I finally drove the car at night - wow, I now see light on the road behind me.

I see a small print in the instructions, concerning legal issues. I havn't had a chance to persue that issue yet. They would be legal if not set on sequential in all 50 states, however I need clarification on sequential. Anybody have any input on the legal issue?
That means the person behind you should deffinetly see you! ;) These taillights conform to all DOT and SAE standards!

LED taillights are on most of all the new cars out there today. The only thing to check on in your town would be the Sequential part of the lights. Other than that a LED taillight is a LED taillight! That is another reason my LED taillights were made with a dip switch to turn off the sequential mode! ;) At the least you wouldn't have to loose your whole investment.

Scot W.

Thank you Scot, I will be in touch. Will you be in Columbus by any chance in Aug?
Thanks
Coach
I don't think I will be able to make it to columbus. Just way too busy right now. Deffinetly be in BG next year with LED taillight kits For sale. I will be with another vendor there.

If you need a set just let me know!

Scot W.

How bout the 3rd brake light? Any plans?
I have mine took apart right now! ;) I just don't know if the cost to have them done will be cost affective. I will find out and post up a seperate thread to see who will be intrested in them.

Scot W.

I have mine took apart right now! ;) I just don't know if the cost to have them done will be cost affective. I will find out and post up a seperate thread to see who will be intrested in them.

Scot W.

I would think there would be quite a bit of interest. How are the fronts comming? The fronts sound like quite a project. Would be sweet to see those fronts in an LED goin down the Hiway.

I would think there would be quite a bit of interest. How are the fronts comming? The fronts sound like quite a project. Would be sweet to see those fronts in an LED goin down the Hiway.

The fronts may not make it!! :frown: Just WAY too much trouble for the small boards to go in there. Plus they still have to seal back up and still be able to take back apart if there ever was trouble with a board. So I don't think the fronts will make it to the drawing board..

Although you could put the LED replacement bulbs up front and at least still have brighter lights that kinda match!! :)

The third brake light looks very possible. I will be sending one off soon for some pricing numbers to see where were at on those.

Scot W.