digital dash

Redline

Was the digital dash a popular option on the 87 GN? Just wondering how hard it would be to find one with that option.

Thanks

I have one in mine. I know about 6 or 7 people with t's and no one else has one and i've been told that the dig dash is impossible to find. Not to mention i'm not to crazy over mine. I had to add 6 gauges to the car just to see what the hell is going on with the motor.

i have one in mine. i'm not saying i like it, but its ok. i would rather have the normal type but not enough to worry about changing it. someday i might get a gnx type dash but for now the digital one works. it just takes FOREVER to update the speed, thats my only complaint with it.

I have it and love it! I guess I just think the font that the analog panel has is ugly. Between that and the Ultra-lites, it gives that car a more modern look. But having all of the extra info would have been nice.

i like mine too. if i did switch id have a gnx dash.

I agree. I have the ulta-lites and it does look good but i'm just not crazy over the dig dash in general.

while we're on this subject, where is the high beam light at? mine either doesn't have one or its burned out. i'm thinking it might be one of the 2 lights below the fuel gauge. and what are thoes 2 lights?

There are 4 spots for indicator lights on the digital dash. Two on the left side(one above another) of the dash and two on the right side(same config). The left upper one is the high beam indicator(comes on blue), the lower one is blank(not used). The right upper one is yellow and the lower one is orange(both indicating turbo boost set at different psi). I like mine as well. I had sent mine out to Caspers Electronics for the speedo mod. This way it will read above 85mph without it blinking 85 above that speed. Other than that I do wish there was more to these clusters. I really like what someone on this board did with his last fall. I dont know who it is but he fabricated a digital dash from a Park Ave to fit into the regal dash(good stuff). STEVE Z

Redline,

I know of a low mile GN and low mile White Turbo T that both have digital dashes if you are interested.

my chip has something in it that allows the speedo to read up to 199. at least thats what i think it what lets it do that. I know the dash was gone through before i got the car, so maybe they did something, but i have heard that a chip can let it go above 85. now if i could just get the car to go 199 :eek:

454:
my chip has something in it that allows the speedo to read up to 199. at least thats what i think it what lets it do that. I know the dash was gone through before i got the car, so maybe they did something, but i have heard that a chip can let it go above 85. now if i could just get the car to go 199

Nope the chip has nothing to do with the Digital cluster mod. However, by replacing the factory chip with your Thrasher chip the top speed limit set by the factory chip no longer applies, your new top speed limit is 239 mph and if its a T-93 your rev limiter is set at 5600 rpm.... now if you can't get over 200 mph with the Thrasher something is wrong........ j/k;)

I've got the digital dash in my car as well. I had to have it fixed and was modded by caspers to read up to 199. I'm not a big fan of the dash due to lack of really any pertinent information, and laggy sorta speed readout. If i changed it, definately would go GNX style.

I had one in my old one.. DOES NOT TELL YOU MUCH!! Other than the suttle reminders of orange-Red Turbo action and the wonderfull Flashing 85 85 85 85 85 letting you know that you are going too fast.. Not that i have ever seen the flashing 85 ;):p

Originally posted by turboscott
Redline,

I know of a low mile GN and low mile White Turbo T that both have digital dashes if you are interested.

Hi, turboscott what year is the GN

on my old 87 GN I had a clear Ptouch over the red light that lit up "Go baby Go!"

i thought it was cool....

Originally posted by Rogue Leader
on my old 87 GN I had a clear Ptouch over the red light that lit up "Go baby Go!"

i thought it was cool....

where did you get it??? i want one!!!!

I've got the digital dash. Now my orange and red "boost" lights don't work anymore. :mad:

Anyway, I've got a GNX-style dash that I will install one of these years.

Originally posted by lyonsd
I've got the digital dash. Now my orange and red "boost" lights don't work anymore. :mad:

Anyway, I've got a GNX-style dash that I will install one of these years.

check the hobbs swtich on the passenger side. its right by the relays.