digital dash

mr84ss

hey family. i want to get a 84 grand nat with the digital dash. how are they, meaning what are the common problems with them and would it just be better to get a car without one?

I didn't care for mine at first because of no boost gauge. Only a couple of useless lights that light up when you're into boost. But over the years it's kind of grown on me and now I like it better than the analog cluster. Over 200,000 miles on mine so far and no major issues.

i had 4 cars with them.2 clusters were in parts cars 1 is suppose to work as my friend drove that car regularly. the 2nd one out of the parts car was acting weird blinking on and off.

the 2 cars that i drove a bunch .1 had the upgraded cluster or at speedometer was upgraded from caspers before i got the car and speedometer and gas gauge seem to work but the trip odometer does not keep accurate miles.

the second cluster in a car that i drive also has had issues with the trip odometer and i think this 1 also think it may another problem with a draw on the electric system

in my opinion these are problematic because 3 out of 4 cars had problems with them but i would not let it stop me from buying a car though

If the trip odometer doesn't maintain the mileage, it's usually a blown fuse for the CIG CLK or radio memory circuit. There has to be a memory power feed to the dash at all times to maintain odometer readings AND to keep in MPH or KPH everytime you start the car. If the MPH and KPH toggles once in a while, the memory fuse is out.

Also, your radio won't keep the stations in memory if it's dead.