digital dash goes out when turn on headlights ??

turbo john FL

ITS ONLY A SIX SHOOTER
hey everyone I have a odd problem seems during day with no headlights on dash is illuminated fine but once I turn on headlights the display goes almost totally dark and the dimmer does not seem to change that at all any ideas why illuminated during day but once I turn on headlights goes dim and dimmer switch changes nothing , also just changed dimmer switch ????? thanks for any ideas as far as what to check john

Is the INST LPS fuse good? Its at the top left, second row, in the main fuse block (5 amp)
- Dennis

I thought my dash was dead. Have not seen it on since i have owned the car. I hit the headlights for yhe first time today, and the dash came on. Stayed on for a little bit and went off again. Now it flashes every time the lights are turned on, but thats all it will do.

Yep. After it came on and went out i fiddled with the headlight switch and dimmer. Never did come back on. Just flash on then back off when headlight switch turned on.

Possible bad ground, Look under drivers floor area for a ground block junction. Under the carpet.