Digital Dash, Empty At 4 Gallons....

rattrod30

A$$hole
I use 4 gallons as empty on my digital fuel guage (I ran out here once) Is this typical? I wish they would have done the fuel level in quarts or something .

You can contact Caspers Electronics. I don't think the digital dash is the problem. I think the problem is in the tank, John at Caspers will give you the info you need and can repair the dash if needed as well. If you need to have the dash repaired I would suggest getting the 199 mph upgrade while it is there. You won't have to watch the dash flash 85 anymore when you are going over 100.

Bryan

The sender is shot. The fuel level works off resistance and the dash just displays what it sees for resistance and has no effect on the fuel level or sender by itself.

Hey, look at it as a 4 gallon emergency reserve. You don't want to run these cars on empty - the fuel pump might pick up trash & worst case would be fuel sloshing away from the pump when you're in boost & these engines don't like to run at all lean.

I think it's the other way around; when the gauge says 4; the tank's empty.

Could you have an analog sending unit feeding a digital gauge?

Shell Oil had a suit against them about 5 years ago for allowing too much sulfur in their gas; and it ate up the sending units. Usually they just opened; and the gauge went high or low.

I think it's the other way around; when the gauge says 4; the tank's empty.

Could you have an analog sending unit feeding a digital gauge?

Shell Oil had a suit against them about 5 years ago for allowing too much sulfur in their gas; and it ate up the sending units. Usually they just opened; and the gauge went high or low.
hhhhhhmmmmmmm?:rolleyes:

Thanks!

I need to drop the tank and see what I have for a fuel pump anyways,Will be a good time to muck about with the sending unit and see what the dash says at empty. Thanks!

Good luck on the sending unit. I replaced mine with new from Advance Auto Parts & it checked ok before I put it in & now it's totally unreliable.