Did Indy lites use standard stage blocks?

I'd be interested in a cheap bare 4.1 off center block, especially if it could be bored to 3.995" I could just transfer my rotating assembly out of my production 4.1 into it... If I could afford it. I just spent $1000 on some champion CNC irons so this'd be awhile coming.

Thanks,

off subject. but i have a 0016 4.1 block that was to be a indy block that has had the starter pad replaced, and its only 3.800 bore, deck 9.540 its a stage 2 just sonic check and bore, it comes with a deep oil pan and a internal pickup tube, but its not cheap to some people, after all its only money, :) :) e-mail if interested oc,

Hey Otto, if you purchase these engines, I would be interested in a crank , rods and maybe even a block.

David

cranks

wow i sold three cranks that were even fire 3.00 and 3.010 stroke for 150.00 for all three, and i sold odd fire cranks two of them one with new rods for very little last one was a new hank the crank 2.88 stroke i coulnt find a market for them , if i thought that i could have sold them i would have bought serval, they were sold to a scrap yard i was told for junk price, also some indy engines had heads with 33 to 37 cc and some had up to 43cc on the engines that i have anyway, the oddfire crank jurnals are 2.100 dia same dia, as small chevy.v8 i have a set of new indy flat top pistons cheap 2 cups of coffee, most indy car engine builders used t&d rocker rocker arms, but i guess everone knows all this, :) :) oc,

indy,engines

engines are easy, its this dam wiring that is driving me nuts, besides it was 37 degrees this morning im cutting 10 acres of alfalfa and timithy for a neighbor tomorrow then im getting my snowmobiles out of storage in case it comes a early snow, :)

odell4o8 said:
engines are easy, its this dam wiring that is driving me nuts, besides it was 37 degrees this morning im cutting 10 acres of alfalfa and timithy for a neighbor tomorrow then im getting my snowmobiles out of storage in case it comes a early snow, :)

Wow, 10 acres huh? I'm from southern missouri and that brings back memories. Haven't seen or smelled alfalfa in 17 years now. We had 78 acres of woods/farmland, it was a lot to maintain. :)

EightSecV6 said:
Ask that again when I have to pay someone $500 to plow 18" of snow from our parking lot!!!LOL

What is this "SNOW" you speak of ??? Is that the white stuff you see in Christmas movies? I'm not familier with this "SNOW" stuff.

I don't have any in my area either. I'm confused. Then again everyone here already knows that! ;)

Neal

BAGN said:
What is this "SNOW" you speak of ??? Is that the white stuff you see in Christmas movies? I'm not familier with this "SNOW" stuff.

engines and snow

dont forget 5 foot drifts wind blowing and its 10 below **** that white stuff is not so pretty, i have a tractor with front loader and a little bull dozer, my 4x4 truck gets stuck in my drive way, the county dont get in any hurry to plow county roads, snowmobiling is fun if you like to play outside, :)

Come to find out,My guy in Jersey knows a guy in california, who knows Ohio George.
Darn,thought we found a new stash :frown:

stage engines

otto, those stage engines were used in a lot of race cars, down in southern indiana,ohio and kentucky they were in dirt modified roundy cars few years ago, ron tarobori in pa, still uses a stage engine in his roundy roundy car, there are still a lot of these engines somewhere just keep o n hunting you are sure to find plenty of them, lol, :) wiring is still a bitch, :confused:

engines

otto, hay is bailed. i still have two hundred bales still on the wagons in my barn hallway. ill un load it when it gets cooler, by saturday i can get back on the old car, i have 5 stage heads at a machine shop i gotta go get them tonite, james got all the old unused wiring out of the car now we can start on the new stuff, :)