Did an over-drive crank pulley screw my car?

CombatComProg

I replaced the pulleys on the GN I just bought with RJC Racing stock size pulleys. I discovered that the crank pulley that was previously on the car was only 5.25" in diameter. The stock size pulley is 7" in diameter. My car's oil pressure has dropped from 7lbs to about 3 lbs after replacing the pulley with the larger stock size pulley. I'm just looking for thoughts and opinions as to what kind of affect the 5.25" crank pulley could have had on the motor. Should I put it back on and expect my oil pressure to raise? Could the overdriven crank have worn out any bearings? I'm dropping the oil pan right now to see what's going on. Thanks everyone!

The pulley has zero to do with oil psi, but 7 psi is waaay low anyway, somethings wrong.

Possilbly there was a change in engine temp?

the crank itself isnt over driven, the ratio on the pulley(diameter) is what cause the under/overdrive effect on all the accessories on the motor

so in your case, you have problems that are not related to your pulley/accessory setup

Pull your oil pump cover off and inspect the gears and pump clearances. Take your oil press relief valve out an inspect to see if it might have been stuck open. If the pump looks good its time to pull the oil pan and inspect bearings.

Dave

Buick spec is 6-12psi hot in gear isnt it? Maybe Im mistaken. Mine shows 12-15psi hot in gear on the electric autometer gauge, and no, I dont have any pulley changes.