Dick Kerney at San Anontio Raceway

PaCemkr86

WFO Racing
Staff member
Thats right Dick Kerney was ripping it up saturday night. I showed up late to the track to watch my friend wrap up the season in the 9.50 headsup class.
While im sitting in the stands i hear the announcer say "here comes a grand national, Dick Kerney out of Tucson" so naturally that got my attention.
Next thing i see is a tubbed out GN gettin up on the transbrake and leaving with the wheels in the air.
So i go find them in pits and introduce myself to them. What a class act Dick and Julie are. He showed me the GN and told me all about it, then invited me into his motor home and we talked some more about Buicks.

The only problem Dick was having with the Buick that night was, He couldn't get it go slow enough for the 9.50 class.. ;)

Thats right Dick Kerney was ripping it up saturday night. I showed up late to the track to watch my friend wrap up the season in the 9.50 headsup class.
While im sitting in the stands i hear the announcer say "here comes a grand national, Dick Kerney out of Tucson" so naturally that got my attention.
Next thing i see is a tubbed out GN gettin up on the transbrake and leaving with the wheels in the air.
So i go find them in pits and introduce myself to them. What a class act Dick and Julie are. He showed me the GN and told me all about it, then invited me into his motor home and we talked some more about Buicks.

The only problem Dick was having with the Buick that night was, He couldn't get it go slow enough for the 9.50 class.. ;)

Nice Story Phil, congrats:cool:

What in the world was he doing here? Wished I would have known. Was bored out of my mind last night and probably would have gone out there.

You should have your head burried in those books...not thinking about the track. :eek:

Or did you graduate already?

Erik

I graduated 2 years ago... but guess what.. I'm actually studying for and exam in December. No schooling though.