Dick Kereny's Record Pass

Buzzard

Go to Arizonagn.com and click on the link on the front page.

Sorry in advance for the poor quality of the tape, I think Dick needs a new camera from Santa this year. :smile:

Wow, really looked like he could have had an even better time with a better launch!!!!! That is so awesome! Congrats to Dick!

Wow, really looked like he could have had an even better time with a better launch!!!!! That is so awesome! Congrats to Dick!

The new track surface just wouldn't hold much boost on the launch, I think that was about 9psi or so, Cal would know for sure. We tried to give it more but it just wasn't in the cards that day. On a good track I think 8.60 are possible. :eek:

I'm posting this for Dick:

Dick Kereny’s 109 Record Combination

Block: 109
Heads: Champion “R” Heads
Head Gaskets: Copper-SCE
Valve Springs: Isky Tool Room
Cam: Comp Cam “Propriatory Grind”
Pushrods: Smith Brothers
Rocker Arms: T & D Shaft Mount
Pistons: By C.p. “Propriatory”
Rings: Total Seal
Crank: Moldex 3.625
Rods: Crower Titanium
Bearings: Clevite
Throttle Body: 70 Mm
Injectors: 96 Lb
Fuel Pump: Aeromotive 1200 Series
Ignition: Msd - Distributor
Engine Mgt: Fast XFI (Hartline)
Turbo: Custom
Intercooler: RJC
Downpipe: 4”
Headers: Custom
Exhaust: None
Transmission: Fred Brown Vsc
Converter: Protorque
Driveshaft: Aluminum
Front Suspension: QA1
Rear Suspension: Koni & Wolf Bar
Rear End: Ford 9”
Gears: 393
Brakes: Aerospace
Wheels: Weld
Front/rear Tires: 28” Mt & 28” X 10.5 X 15” Mt Slicks
Fuel Octane: High Octane Race Fuel
Race Weight: 3389 Lbs
Best 60’: 1.418 @ Record Run
Best 1/8 Et: 5.814
Best 1/8 Mph: 124.605
Best ¼ Et: 8.955
Best ¼ Mph: 156.021
Motor By: Zimmerman Racing Engines

I Contribute My Engine Life To The Great Work By Mike Zimmerman, Great Tuning By Cal Hartline And My Crew Chief, James Lester And Az Gn, And The Great Cylinder Heads By Tom And Bill At Champion Heads For Their Extra Effort. I Also Want To Thank Jason Cramer For All His Efforts And Great Parts To Make This Happen. Len Freeman For All The Miles He’s Put On His Truck Between Phoenix And Las Vegas And Jan Moeller, Scott And Mitch Lester For Always Being There When I Need Them. Most Of All, I Want To Thank My Wife, Julie, For Putting Up With Me For More Than 43 Years.

My Thanks To All Others That I May Have Missed. It’s Been Years Of Struggle To Get To This Point! I Am 63 Years Old And No One Knows How Much Longer I Will Be Able To Continue At This Pace Or “when The Money Runs Out”. I Live And Work In Phoenix Arizona Where My Business Is Located. I Have Been Racing V6 Buicks Since The Day I Met Nick Micale Who Is The Buick Guru In Phoenix. The People That Inspired Me More Than Anyone Else Is John And Marka Gallina Who Have Set Many Records In Nhra Records Including The First Superstock In The 7’s. Dave Bamford Also Set A Record That I Am Still Chasing, He Still The King Of Tsm! I Have Always Had A Good Time With The Local Group Here. Nick Micale, Jack Evers , Woody Railey(deceased) And Myself Had Several Years Of Fun Competitive Racing Creating Many Memories. I Will Never Forget Telling Them I Wanted To Go 12 Seconds In A Gn And They Asked Me How Much Money I Had Because The Price Was Figured In Cubic Dollars! Needless To Say, I Am Very Proud To Be The First To Break Into The 8’s In A 109 Stock Block (many Cubic Dollars Later).

Thanks.... awesome.

I was hoping to find out boost and turbo.... but no matter... I'm not looking to go that fast.... that is awesome....

it wasn't intended. i think it was just the excitment from getting the 8 sec. pass.

No doubt, there is plenty left in that car. What a soft launch. That thing didn't get moving until after the 60ft. Wow is all I can say. Great driving Cal.

Thanks for posting the video! Wish it was better quality, but it's better than nothing... That car is making a LOT of power after the 1/8th with that "custom" turbo!:wink: Oh BTW, A little birdie told me about that custom turbo, but I'll keep it to myself because the Turbo Buick Free Masons will never talk to me again if I let it out:D LOL