dfi gen vii no iac?

protosy

is there some added feature, key or some such nonsense that i need to get access to iac, nitrous, boost builder or other features of dfi gen vii? all of those are disabled for me........

help. sorry for the noobish question. used to oldschool fast system, new to gen vii. :confused:

Do you have the dongle pluged in the back? Its called a prokey or sportsman key?

Do you have the dongle pluged in the back? Its called a prokey or sportsman key?

nope, i wasnt given one with my ecu.... though i was told i could do nitrous, boost builder and iac control with it... i also believe the partnumber ends in a P on the back of the ecu if that matters....

did i get jacked?:rolleyes:

Well, if you got a good deal on it, you didn;t get jacked. But to do all the options that you want there, your gonna have to spend a least $100~140 more.

Well, if you got a good deal on it, you didn;t get jacked. But to do all the options that you want there, your gonna have to spend a least $100~140 more.

well that sucks....:mad: thanks for the help/info.

If you plan to buy a prokey I would just pay for the ECU upgrade. They went to a USB cable and did away with the stupid prokey deal al thogether on the V6.0 ECU.

Ya, never thought of that, might be a cost saver in the long run.

where do you get the Update... I am having similar problems.... See my only other post :D Do you just go to accels website and update it...or do you send in your box?... Thanks!
Jesse

You have to send in the box for the firmware upgrade. They may include a CD of the software or you may just have to download it from their website.

You guys, PM me if you need help getting an upgrade or have questions about this stuff and I will get you taken care of. Thanks!

dude you kill me the pro key was given to you with the truck ......it was the lil green thing that plugs into the back of the laptop......i personally gave it to you.

dude you kill me the pro key was given to you with the truck ......it was the lil green thing that plugs into the back of the laptop......i personally gave it to you.

i guess i have managed to lose it then. was it a serial key or usb? hmmm.... thanks for the info, now i can dig through all the other stuff to see if i can find it.

It's probably a DB25, the LTP1 port (the old school printer parallel port)

It's probably a DB25, the LTP1 port (the old school printer parallel port)

hah, well, that wont work. no parrallel port on my laptop. maybe they offer a trade-in for the usb key... if i manage to find the other one.

Nope....They won't trade them in!!.... I just tried to trade mine about 2 days ago... but what you can do is get rid of all this mess (Adapters) and buy the pro key cable...its a USB cable for the Gen VII and it has a pro key built into it... Mine is on its way and for only 170 bucks is not that bad!... (Comparded to the USB pro key being 150 bucks)... :biggrin: so I officaly have a Parrell port Pro key for sale if anyone is interested...

No, but i would be interested in your old cable.