devils own/diy

coolingmist said:
Am I the only one that sees the irony in that statement?

Products that are bought are to be supported by the vendors that sold them. Asking for help with issues should be directed accordingly.

Someone buys your product.. you are to be contacted with tuning issues first. If you are unable to solve the problem, then message boards are here to try and figure things out.

Or would you prefer tech assist be given on your product from the unknowledable :confused:

PaCemkr86, your welcome to post some pictures or track results.. I have no issue with other kits on the market. As there are many ways to achieve results.

It is my belief other vendors would prefer I not give tech assist on their systems. As I would mutually appreciate for them not to give assistance on my product. Very simple.

HTH

Razor said:
Products that are bought are to be supported by the vendors that sold them. Asking for help with issues should be directed accordingly.

Someone buys your product.. you are to be contacted with tuning issues first. If you are unable to solve the problem, then message boards are here to try and figure things out.

Or would you prefer tech assist be given on your product from the unknowledable :confused:

PaCemkr86, your welcome to post some pictures or track results.. I have no issue with other kits on the market. As there are many ways to achieve results.

It is my belief other vendors would prefer I not give tech assist on their systems. As I would mutually appreciate for them not to give assistance on my product. Very simple.

HTH

Razor,

I was referring that they have no phone number for a customer to call. From what I can tell you are limited to email or forum support.

I agree 100% with you, I just thought it was funny. People look at some vendors and see a cheap price, but dont fully appreciate the ability to pick up the phone and call..and actually get an answer, or have an actual retail outlet for customer support. There are alot of things built into the price of a product and support is certainly part of it.

I recently installed one of the devils own kits and set my car up with direct port meth. injection. So far I've been very pleased. Good customer support and he even called me on a sunday after I e-mailed him with a problem earlier that morning. I've got pretty high hopes for this kit, we'll just have to wait and see how it does over time, but so far so good.

Spork, on what did you install this on? Why did you choose to go direct port?

From what I can tell you are limited to email or forum support.

If you look at his sig the telephone # is right there. On a gazillion posts the he has responded to on his kits he always tell people that are having a problem that can't be solved quickly on this board to call him, although some people would rather just jump on the forum to bitch and moan than do the right thing and call him.

Pronto said:
If you're in college and "don't have the funds" then you shouldn't be messing with a performance car anyways because they WILL break and they WILL cost $$ to fix.

Dangit, I didn't know I had to be old and rich to own a GN :rolleyes: The guy who I bought mine from didn't even mention that! Guess I'll have to sell it now.

FlaBoy said:
Dangit, I didn't know I had to be old and rich to own a GN :rolleyes: The guy who I bought mine from didn't even mention that! Guess I'll have to sell it now.

ummm we know thats not true because your almost there with a hot air car :p :biggrin:

Razor said:
Spork, on what did you install this on? Why did you choose to go direct port?

Sorry, I should've thrown that out in my original post. It's a nissan/datsun l28et inline 6 engine. With a manifold as long as mine, there has been discussions/debates about even distribution of fluids in an intake like our car uses. I wanted to take no chances. Also, it will allow me to use more methanol fairly easy if I see fit. (since I've got 6 m5 nozzles currently) Here's a pic of my manifold with the nozzles mounted (but not completed, I haven't taking any since I finished the install). It's a custom manifold that my company makes that is far better than the stocker, but I still don't know if I like high volumes of methanol traveling to each cylinder and expecting it to get even volumes.

DSCN1749_Small_.JPG

Never said old and rich. Just a matter of priorities. If you don't have the discretionary money to play in this hobby then don't whine about it when you got to spend $$ on it.

I dont see an issue with distribution if the incoming air is hot enough to make the alcohol flash. Then the air is densely saturated and makes its way into all the cylinders. You manifold is no different than those used on other inline engines. And they have not had issue.

I would be concerned with metering and time for the alcohol to atomize. Remember its not a fuel injector that shuts on and off.. its constantly spraying. And then the residual in the lines after you stop spraying since its mounted inside the intake that will have high vacuum present. You should be concerned now with solenoid drive and its activation/deactivation. Methanol compatability. And engine management.

Good luck.. I would of personally not done your setup this way. Case of placing the carriage before the horse. If your tuner suggested this, stay with it and see what happens. :redface:

Not trying to get too far off topic, but I'm my own tuner, and I'm not using the methanol just for cooling air, I'm using it mainly for a fuel (the cool air is a plus tho :) ). My car uses batch fire injection, so even tho the meth system doesn't pulse like an injector, there is going to be little difference as each injector is already firing each time the other 5 cylinders need fuel. So far the setup has been doing very well, but I haven't been to the track or the dyno to compare the numbers. I've cut fuel back quite a bit and used the methanol in its place (standalone engine management system is being used). Doing things this way makes it still a very nice street car, but should be capable of some 10 second passes when swapping to slicks. Also, I am using a boost activated solonoid basically right off the back of the manifold, so there is some methanol still in the lines, but not a whole lot of it. I've noticed no bog/studder between gears or right off boost so I don't think there is going to be any issue. I understand that this isn't neccissarly the most common way to meth injection, but I don't know that I'm using it quite like everyone else...I guess I'll see how it runs at the track when I go next month...It's snowing outside right now.

My 3 cents :)

Like julio I like to give our own tech support for our products. Especial the elec. items. Neither of us know all the workens of each others stuff.

We do have a contact phone number on our site. Its only been there for a few weeks, so a lot of people dont' know its there. Emails are usually answered asap. usually the same day. I do get over 100 a day though so it can be a challange to get them all done. If anyone as any questions please contact Us.

We stand behind our product. We have a lot of work devloping it, doing the circuit layout and programing the controller. It was not easy to get it all to fit into 1 box thats 2.0"x.1.25"x75" and weights as little as it does. We have 1 car running high 6's with this on board. I run high 9's in my car with this. There is nothing diy about our controller.