Devastation!!

Chuck Leeper

Toxic old bastard
Staff member
I hope all the guys in/around central Alabama and NW GA made it thru the storms...
Was relatively "quiet" on the east side of Atl...
Got a call @ 5am, from the county EMD, that said to stay off the roads..
NOT GOOD!:(

Be careful guys... its coming towards the Carolinas :frown::frown::frown: hopefully it dissipates..... that thing was a monster F4-5 almost a mile wide and on the ground for more than 3hrs....

storms have been bad this year...... i guess its overdue.... all the years with no/little snow and tornados.... we are in a bad cycle this year - already have broken many records... Be careful Shane and Brian and the rest of the Carolina Crew:cool:

Whoa, 200 lost thier lives? That's terrible, it's been raing a lot in Ohio, but we usually miss all the terrible weather in the north.

SMDH! next on the news- California ends up in the ocean... WTH is going on???

:confused::confused::(

The video of the Twister sweeping through the Alabama town is Paralyzing!!

Is that Disco Stu? I can't remember if posts here or on tbs.

I'm SE Lower Alabama and thankfully all we got was some wind and rain.

Praying for all you southern brothers.....

Not quite comparable, but we've had high winds and heavy rains here for over a week now too.
Hasn't been a spring like this for about 13-14yrs to my memory. Can't recall exactly, but I remember literally surfing the winds while hauling in truckloads of scrap in the late 90's.

This is what we got here in TN..

* 4.0-4.5" of rain in 11 hrs...

* Wind gusts of 70 mph...

* 3" Hail that busted out windshields, buckled hoods, and busted out the glass doors of West Chevrolet body shop over head doors! Busted windows out of houses...

* Holes in vinyl siding..I should say "Made Swiss Cheese" out of it!!

* Trees down = 10's of thousands of people out of power...

* 6 Killed in Green county, about 30-40 minutes from me...

We came out okay with just some clean up to do and the hail didn't get our vehicles...

The Hail got even bigger than this at one point, either way it was some bad chit...

Scot W.

Attachments

• IMG954825.jpg
    IMG954825.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 352
This is terrible. The latest death count is 268 and climbing. 164 reported tornadoes. They are calling this the worst tornado outbreak since the 1930's. Hope nobody on this board was seriously injured/killed.

Is that Disco Stu? I can't remember if posts here or on tbs.

I'm SE Lower Alabama and thankfully all we got was some wind and rain.

Disco stu lives in TX unless he moved recently.

Unsure of who it WAS, but it sure aint good...:(

Its Terrible

Im just getting power back and I feel so blessed. I live east of Birmingham and seen some of this damage first hand. I work at a utility company and worked all through the night. Not having power was a blessing compared to what devastation so many had. Homes were reduced to cement slabs and trees are down everywhere. Lots of people have yet to find loved ones and there are so many other small towns that are not there anymore...