DEI 712T Keyless Entry Wiring Help

hemi8

Goin Sideways
I purchased this keyless entry system and was hoping someone has done this install on a GN. Any help with how to wire this in the GN would be great. There seems to be some secret network that is only for authorized car alarm installers and their install manuals are only available to them. After the last hack wired in a BlackJax alarm I will never let anyone touch my cars wiring again. This is supposed to be a top rated system and apparently DEI makes most of the alarms on the market, even factory systems, so hopfully this thread will help anyone interesed in a top quality keyless entry system install. I know where the 12V and ground go but other than that I need guidence, it comes with a "module", harness, valet button and LED. No other relays are included in the box. It has 18 wires in its harness:
Red, 12V constant
Blue, -200mA second unlock output
Blk/Wht -1, input of domelight supervision relay #87
Blk/Wht, output of domelight supervision relay #30
Green/Blk, Lock #30 common output
Wht./Blk, lock #87 normally closed
Violet/Blk, lock #87 normally open(input)
Blue/Blk, unlock #30 common (output)
Violet, unlock #87 normally open (input)
White, (+/-) parking light flash output
Black, ground
Brown, (-) horn honk output
Lt. Green/Blk, factory alarm disarm
White/Blue, (-) 200mA channel 3 validity output
Yellow, (+) switched ignition input (accessory)
Orange, (-) 500mA ground-when-armed output
Brown/Blk, unlock #87A normally closed
Red/White, (-) output of channel 2

Any help from the electronics experts on the board that can make this specific to the GNs wire harness would be much appreciated.
Mike

Noticed this is over a week old, so I don't know if you've gotten help or not... In case you haven't, this may help. According to the manual I found here: http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/ig/valet/N712T_01-05.pdf , this unit is equipped with onboard 30A relays, which will make the wiring much easier.
1 - Connect H1/5 (GRN/BLK) which is the common connection to the lock relay, and H1/8 (BLU/BLK) which is the common connection to the unlock relay both to +12v which is hot at all times. You can probably get this +12V via the ORN/BLK wire going to the door lock relay ass'y right at the ass'y, which is mounted in the sheetmetal directly behind the right side kickpanel.
2 - Connect H1/7 (VIO/BLK) which is the normally open connection to the lock relay, to the LT BLU wire at the door lock relay ass'y.
3 - Connect H1/9 (VIO) which is the normally open connection to the unlock relay, to the BLK wire at the door lock relay ass'y.
4 - H1/10 (WHT) which is the parking light output, the manual says this is a high current output. So I assume this means it is a relay output. You could connect this to the parking light circuit BRN wire at the headlight switch, according to the attached info. This might be what I did, can't remember as it's been ~10 years since I've done mine...
5 - H1/12 (BRN) which is the horn output, the manual shows you need a relay for this as it's probably just a low current transistor output not meant for high current circuits. Connect it as shown on page 6, with the exception of the output side of the relay. I think you need to switch ground, not +12V when connecting to the BLK wire at the steering column. Doesn't the horn button switch the ground (not the +12V) going to the horn relay in the car ? I didn't use this on my Viper alarm, so I'm not sure...
6 - H1/15 (YEL) which is the switched ignition input. Looks like this needs +12V during running or cranking. Can get this via one of the PNK Ignition wires plugged into the fuse block.
7 - H1/18 (RED/WHT) which is Ch 2 output. Can be used for a truck release. Wire it like the relay shown on page 6, except you can connect it to the trunk release switch behind the glove box.
Attached is some info that can help.

David

Attachments

• Viper_wiring.jpg
    Viper_wiring.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 127
  • 8A-130-0.jpg
    8A-130-0.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 132
Thanks Dave thats a big help! This is a very high quality keyless entry and I would imagine many others will find this info helpful as well.
Mike