Defroster for AC delete plate

turbotman

How about a working self contained heater/defroster that fits inside our dash? Will bolt up to the inside of the current delete plates that bolt onto the firewall, basic inside wiring and only two heater hose holes to be drilled through the plate. Nothing to take up any room in the engine compartment. All of the major parts already exist, just have to put them together as a working kit.
Price in the $350 range including firewall plate.

anyone interested?
Should have one working by the beginning of March 08.:cool:

Similar idea to the Mojave, but more compact. You will probably find that there is not enough clearance for the Mojave to fit up under the dash, there is only about 7 inches of room behind the glove compartment, the Mojave needs about 9+ with the defroster add/on option. Might work if you get rid of the plastic glove box altogether. Otherwise you will be mounting down into the passenger footwell. I'm looking at a much cleaner and out of sight install.

How about a working self contained heater/defroster that fits inside our dash? Will bolt up to the inside of the current delete plates that bolt onto the firewall, basic inside wiring and only two heater hose holes to be drilled through the plate. Nothing to take up any room in the engine compartment. All of the major parts already exist, just have to put them together as a working kit.
Price in the $350 range including firewall plate.

anyone interested?
Should have one working by the beginning of March 08.:cool:

Yes! I would be interested for sure. Details?

Similar idea to the Mojave, but more compact. You will probably find that there is not enough clearance for the Mojave to fit up under the dash, there is only about 7 inches of room behind the glove compartment, the Mojave needs about 9+ with the defroster add/on option. Might work if you get rid of the plastic glove box altogether. Otherwise you will be mounting down into the passenger footwell. I'm looking at a much cleaner and out of sight install.

Any update?

I believe the late Bruce Plecan did something very similar to this so it could be done. Getting someone like BuickGN to tweak his current kit might take some stiff arming but I would have bought it if it were available.

the link that KevinB provided is a good option for heat, BUT, turbotman asked about a defrost capability.
Unfortunately an A/C delete plate and defrost are mutually exclusive. I'm assuming the reason you have a delet plate is because you removed all the A/C stuff and compressor.

Y'all need to keep in mind that when you select "defrost" on your heater controls (no matter your temp selection), that the A/C comressor is brought into the mix for the drying effect. You can't have proper defrost without a functioning A/C compressor.

Sorry guys,
It's going to be awhile on this one, I'm away from home on training and now won't be back until mid February. I'm also waiting for parts.

I fit the Mojave heater into my dash and have the glove box in still with AC delete plate, hovever the dash was damaged and modified from an acident so i dont remember for sure what may have been modded ............the heater though work great i think better than the orginal heat