Deck plates

Torque plate

Torque plate is used during the honing process and simulates the cylinder heads being bolted on the block, as head bolts are torqued, it changes the shape of the cylinder at the top where ring seal is most important.

BHJ products I believe is the only MFGR for these and they come for use with either stock or stage II blocks, we just bought a brand new one from them it cost us around $300 shipped.

hope this helps

<KM>@ MPE:cool:

I kinda thought that was what you were talking about, but aren't they torque plates? Thats a good question, I wonder if you just have to have them made or something? You going into motor machine work now too? j/k

Sam the guy here in danville doesn't have them for a buick v-6 has them for all other motors but not a buick. I was just checking to see how much they were. Wow i found out. I thought somebody on here made a set. Give me a call later Sean

Lee thompson and i have one we bolt a head on the other side and the honing plate, or deck plate, we got it from bhj in california , best that i remember, none of the machine shops around here one, not even the buick dealers shop. :rolleyes:

Odell i going to call B-H-J for a price i got there number from the power source book. I hope they are still there.

Thanks Sean