Dealer invoice copy doesn't show TTA?

Midwest Muscle

Hey folks, I've got tons of documentation on my TTA. So I thought I'd get a copy of the original dealer invoice as well. Oddly enough, it shows the car being delivered to the dealer as a GTA w/ a 5.0 liter engine.

The VIN on the dealer invoice is correct (1G5FW2178KL245850), as is the dealer info that matches my window sticker, PHS docs, everything else. Why would the dealer invoice show a regular GTA with an MSRP price of $21,423 (Invoice of $19,414.71) on a car that's obviously a TTA that sold for much more?

Thanks in advance - Not much puzzles me, but this one did :)

Mike M

Hi Mike,

Mine shows the exact same thing.

My only guess is that there was another invoice or addendum (maybe from PAS?) that had the "real" invoice/msrp prices.

Chris
----------
1989 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am #760 (1830 miles)
1988 Chevrolet Corvette 35th Anniversary #1941/2050
1983 Delorean DMC-12
1986 Toyota Supra MKII
1985 Kawasaki Eliminator ZL900

Where did the TTA's get their starts? Were they just empty shells that got the turbo engine installed into them, or did they all start off life as regular GTA's with the 5.0 in them and then they were swapped to the turbo engine. If that is the case then I can see why the dealer copies would say 5.0 GTA because thats what the car started life as.

Where did the TTA's get their starts? Were they just empty shells that got the turbo engine installed into them, or did they all start off life as regular GTA's with the 5.0 in them and then they were swapped to the turbo engine. If that is the case then I can see why the dealer copies would say 5.0 GTA because thats what the car started life as.

That makes sense but for one problem, the standard engine on a GTA was the L98(350)not the LB9(305). In 1989 opting for the LB9 motor took $300 off the price of the car, and another $490 came off if you wanted an MM5 manual trans.

Steve

But I thought PAS sent the motors to the factory to be installed into the cars, and then the cars with turbo motor were sent back to PAS to be finished out.

I've been wondering that same thing, order of events. But I would still expect a dealer invoice to show exactly the car the dealer placed into sales inventory. Just another oddity of our beloved TTA's?!

when I bought one new in 89 the Cert of Origin from Pontiac had GTA ... I forget what engine but it wasn't a wussey V6 :p .. got it in my junk somewhere here :cool: