Dead Battery now can't get SM go into L8 modes

fleebag

last week my battery died from not driving in a while and yesterday i made a wot run and wasnt liking my readings. So i tried to get into the L8 mode as normal to change my SD settings and It wont work.

I am doing the same as always 3 presses to floor and on the 3rd you stay till you get to the setting you wish to adjust. but it doesnt move from 00 ?

tps shows .44/4.90

i did disconnnect the ecm wire to reset as well with no luck

any advice?

It looks like your full throttle TPS is to high. Ideally should range between 4.40-4.60 not to exceed 4.80.

Try adjusting your TPS & then see if the 3 pedal press works.

Good luck
~JM~

Why is 4.90 too high. Before I had to replace mine several years ago, My original showed 4.95 That didn't cause any issues at all.

Why is 4.90 too high. Before I had to replace mine several years ago, My original showed 4.95 That didn't cause any issues at all.

I'm just quoting from the ScanMaster & TT instructions. The TPS is what triggers the tuning capabilities of the chip. http://turbotweak.com/

~JM~
TPS - keep around .42-.46v closed throttle, do not exceed .48v. For WOT, no less than 4.00, 4.40 to 4.60 is a good safe place to be. Don't exceed 4.80PS - keep around .42-.46v closed throttle, do not exceed .48v. For WOT, no less than 4.00, 4.40 to 4.60 is a good safe place to be. Don't exceed 4.80.

Sometimes when I'm going through this sequence, it takes 2-3 x of KOFF/KON to begin incrementing. Still not sure why my process is not repeatable? Gotta be either not pressing pedal far enough or doing it too fast/slow. Instructions say it has to be done within x? seconds.

Carl