De tune for pump gas

So my TB is converted for e85 and tuned for such it's running 25 psi boost right now with low 11's air fuel ratio and I need to tune it down So I can run pump gas I have to make a small road trip and unfortunately e85 isn't overly popular in California with only 3 gas stations in San Diego where I live and not one between here and my destination so I need to tune my car to handle pump gas and have a safe load on the engine...cause my other option is to load the trunk up with all kinds of fuel cans w/e85

What engine management system? Just keep your foot put of it at all times when running pump by itself imop

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You are right about CA as I have to drive 40 minutes away to get my E85 . That is also why I love my flex fuel setup as it automatically pulls timing ,boost ,and fuel according to the current ethonal content . I have to fill up with 91 to drive to my E85 station .

What engine management system? Just keep your foot put of it at all times

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
I believe it's turbo tweak chip set up for e85 the engine build, e8t conversion, and tune was done before I bought it by a couple of different shops

You need to order a new chip for pump gas.
I was told with any e85 chip or flex vehicle it was safe to run 91 it was just a ratio issue Which means I couldn't run as high of boost as I an with 91 So I would have to turn everything down and adjust it so could run 91 safely

I have my car limited to 16# of boost for a safe, no knock tune, on the 91 octane weasel piss pump gas in my area. Sometimes it can handle 17-18#, but sometimes it knocks, so I set it at 16#.

I'm not knowledgeable enough to comment on ignition timing advance or fuel flow rate differences between the two fuels.

I have my car limited to 16# of boost for a safe, no knock tune, on the 91 octane weasel piss pump gas in my area. Sometimes it can handle 17-18#, but sometimes it knocks, so I set it at 16#.

I'm not knowledgeable enough to comment on ignition timing advance or fuel flow rate differences between the two fuels.
I know when you run e85 you require more fuel to burn so I know I'll need to pull the fuel pressure down and bring my boost down to run pump my spark advance should be ok but I'm what are safe numbers for knock or even what that is

The term "knock" is referring to detonation, pre-ignition or pinging.